The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Postgraduate Here- Ask me anything

Hello, SO i started my studies as a postgraduate student in the Natural Sciences department at Imperial College London for the term 14/15. I moved on to this masters straight after my undergraduate. So yeah you can ask me about anything regarding this place as a present or prospective student. And I will try to give a balanced picture (not the one you get to see in the open day tbh).

Lots of Lovex
Hello. Are you a home or international student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by DannyAbba
Hello. Are you a home or international student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya Danny, I am an international student. But I did my undergraduate in a British University.
Original post by Foreigngirlxo
Hiya Danny, I am an international student. But I did my undergraduate in a British University.

Oh cool. May I know what country you hail from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, the interviews for maths are next week. I haven't received an invite neither have I received a rejection. Do you have any idea what the chances are of me getting an offer?
Original post by Sallyscarecrow
Hi, the interviews for maths are next week. I haven't received an invite neither have I received a rejection. Do you have any idea what the chances are of me getting an offer?

So I don't do maths but in my case I had my interview call like just a couple of days before the actual interview... And I found, I think, a week or two afterwards about my offer and its conditions. So not specific to you but keep your fingers crossed and mind open :smile:))) if you have applied here you are very likely to get somewhere good :smile: good luck!!
Hi,

Im applying for MSc Finance. I wanted to know about the life at Imperial, especially where do postgrads live and the partying (if there's any) and anything else you might want to share.
Reply 7
Hey there,

I am applying to do my masters in Petroleum Geology, and I'm just curious about the workload, lifestyle, and so on for a postgrad student. Will it be so hectic that I won't have time for myself? lol. Any insight would be useful, thanks!
Hello!I'm an Indian student and I've just completed the 2nd year of my undergrad (BSc-genetics,Mb&biochem).I hope to apply to imperial this November for a masters course in the biosciences starting 2017.I hope to submit an average of around 86% in my 4 semesters and a Toefl above a 100.I also have a good resume with plenty of extra-curricular activities and 2 internships to recommend me.Do I have a shot at getting in?
Original post by Anjali121296
Hello!I'm an Indian student and I've just completed the 2nd year of my undergrad (BSc-genetics,Mb&biochem).I hope to apply to imperial this November for a masters course in the biosciences starting 2017.I hope to submit an average of around 86% in my 4 semesters and a Toefl above a 100.I also have a good resume with plenty of extra-curricular activities and 2 internships to recommend me.Do I have a shot at getting in?

Yes for sure with those grades plus internships. I completely my master's at Imperial in the same subject area last year so let me know if you have any questions about specific courses or Imperial in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!I plan to apply to the MSc in Human Molecular genetics this year for a 2017 entry.What are the academic requirements?Is it enough if I have a short non-science internship and one science related one on my resume?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and btw yes,I'm the same Indian student who posted the question above🙄 I got locked out of my old account so I'm sorry for all the spam.I'm just super tense about the whole thing :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is the workload for a masters course. I currently hold an offer for MSc RMFE and I heard that the workload is insane.
Original post by jamesli322
How is the workload for a masters course. I currently hold an offer for MSc RMFE and I heard that the workload is insane.

Honestly I didn't find the workload that intense but I guess it depends on the course and to a certain extent the type of person you are. I was studying for an MRes which is purely research based and assessed by a thesis/viva examination so we didn't have formal exams or coursework. As you're a business school student I'm guessing the format of your master's is quite different to mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi. I have an offer for MRes Biomedical Science. Wondering which MRes did you do? Do you know about the dean's master scholarship? I am thinking about applying but am not sure cus i dont have the best GPA...(i'm the first of my class though, around 3.6gpa and 1st class honors)..

PLEASE HELP
all msc petroleum geoscience graduates how was it , in terms of securing jobs ?
after having graduated from ICL , i just hope chances of employment is not that difficult

btw i am international

Good morning, I have applied for an MRes too and have done the interview 5 days ago. I have also got an offer for an MsC in the same subject in UCL. I would like to ask you about how many hours did you do in your research project, and about the possible job opportunities of an MRes. Is the MRes mainly focused to do a PhD or does it prepare you to work in industry too?

Thank you in advance!
Reply 17
Original post by Foreigngirlxo
Hello, SO i started my studies as a postgraduate student in the Natural Sciences department at Imperial College London for the term 14/15. I moved on to this masters straight after my undergraduate. So yeah you can ask me about anything regarding this place as a present or prospective student. And I will try to give a balanced picture (not the one you get to see in the open day tbh).

Lots of Lovex

Heya, I'm a student coming to Imperial this September. Do you know know much about accommodation in London? Have you heard any good/bad reviews on Park House in Earl's Court? It's about 20 mins' walk from the college.

Quick Reply

Latest