The Student Room Group

Too late to apply for PGCE??

Seeing as some people already have their interview dates is it too late to apply now??
I want to apply for secondary history but only really decided a few weeks ago and want to make sure my statements perfect before I rush to submit my UCAS application.
I know theres no real deadline to apply but can't help feeling most of the spaces are filling up now :frown:

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Not at all. Places go quickly so I'd recommend that you get it done ASAP but you definitely aren't too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rach112
Not at all. Places go quickly so I'd recommend that you get it done ASAP but you definitely aren't too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
I also want to apply, I am in my final year off my degree but unfortunately not found a placement yet, so I may have to wait until 2016. I have experience with Primary Children just not in the school environment. Do you think if I secure a placement for January I may have any chance?
Original post by ammeemma19
I also want to apply, I am in my final year off my degree but unfortunately not found a placement yet, so I may have to wait until 2016. I have experience with Primary Children just not in the school environment. Do you think if I secure a placement for January I may have any chance?

Ofcourse you can still apply!

Loads of people apply without work experience but it's highly recommended that you have some.

Quickly get a week's worth of experience
I have experience with working with children just not in a school setting, ringing more schools tomorrow.

Are you applying for your PGCE or already studying for it James?
I'm the same... been thinking about doing a PGCE in Primary for about 3 years and don't want to put it off any longer but haven't got any experience in schools or even written a personal statement so feel I should wait until next year to apply now when I have enough experience etc.
Original post by twaughthammer
Seeing as some people already have their interview dates is it too late to apply now??
I want to apply for secondary history but only really decided a few weeks ago and want to make sure my statements perfect before I rush to submit my UCAS application.
I know theres no real deadline to apply but can't help feeling most of the spaces are filling up now :frown:

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Where are you hoping to apply? A friend of mine is looking to do secondary History, I think it's one of the more popular courses. I've done a quick UCAS search for history courses and quite a few said 'no vacancies'. I can't imagine they're all like that though. It's mainly universities saying that, I think school direct might be a good way to go.
Original post by Veggiechic6
Where are you hoping to apply? A friend of mine is looking to do secondary History, I think it's one of the more popular courses. I've done a quick UCAS search for history courses and quite a few said 'no vacancies'. I can't imagine they're all like that though. It's mainly universities saying that, I think school direct might be a good way to go.

Im applying to IOE and Roehampton, just had a look on the UCAS search and quite a few are still coming up as vacancies for me :confused:
Been waiting on my references to be done so i can hopefully get in before places are full up :frown:
Things change all the time. I remember my course was filled really quickly and then 3 days into it we somehow has spare spaces as another local uni hadn't filled theirs which were then snapped up very quickly.

As for applying, I'm pretty sure I didn't have my interview until February time. It's not too late to apply. Just try and get January experience in school and you can write that you will be doing that shortly. I know of some people who were told after their interview that one of the conditions of their offer was to gain more experience.

I say apply this year as if you don't get in you lose £20 ish but if you do get in you save a year of waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only applied a week ago, I've already been offered two interviews so don't let it put you off!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending