The Student Room Group

Does Media Studies count as an art-related subject?

Hello guys,

I am currently studying Media Studies as one of my GCSE courses and I would argue that it is undoubtedly one of my favourite subjects.

However, upon checking a college's requirements, I was a little concerned. It stated that in order to take A-level Photography, it is desirable to have a C or above in an 'art-related subject'.

My question is, as mentioned in the title, does Media Studies count as an art-related subject?

Thanks in advance!

Tian
Reply 1
Original post by imjusttian
Hello guys,

I am currently studying Media Studies as one of my GCSE courses and I would argue that it is undoubtedly one of my favourite subjects.

However, upon checking a college's requirements, I was a little concerned. It stated that in order to take A-level Photography, it is desirable to have a C or above in an 'art-related subject'.

My question is, as mentioned in the title, does Media Studies count as an art-related subject?

Thanks in advance!

Tian

No, I wouldn't have counted media as an art related subject in these circumstances. Whilst it is an art, rather than a science, that's not what they're meaning. The college wants something creative, so would count drawing or painting or scuplting or graphic design.

However, it only says "desirable". So it will be possible for you to get a place even without an art related GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest