The Student Room Group

guys, how often do you wash your hair?

I used to wash it every time I had a shower, which was everyday, and so my hair used to always look dry and fuzzy, and just a mess. But then I started to leave it some days and noticed it looks way better. Now I only only wash it every week (with shampoo), and so my hair is only getting wet whenever i have a shower but it looks a lot better. Just wondering if people think its disgusting or not? How often do you wash your hair?
(btw i have short-ish hair)
Almost everyday
Original post by AnneOldman
I used to wash it every time I had a shower, which was everyday, and so my hair used to always look dry and fuzzy, and just a mess. But then I started to leave it some days and noticed it looks way better. Now I only only wash it every week (with shampoo), and so my hair is only getting wet whenever i have a shower but it looks a lot better. Just wondering if people think its disgusting or not? How often do you wash your hair?
(btw i have short-ish hair)

I wash my hair everyday, sometimes twice. I have similar hair to what you described, It's quite dry and fuzzy also. I may try what you describe to see if it makes any difference. It's essentially the natural oils of your hair returning.
Depends really

If a regular week then probably once every 5 or 6 days.

Events - if getting ready for a night out, I will get it wet; and depending when in the week it is I will wash it, but general rule of thumb, if it's clean, just get it wet , towel dry quickly til damp, then in go the mousse and the gel, blowdry, spray. If I arrive home late, which is the case 9/10 - often around 3am, I will wash it the next morning to get the product out.

Activity - once every 2 or 3 gym visits, but always rinse after every visit. If swimming, do it there and then but with double-triple the normal amount of shampoo/conditioner to get the chlorine out.

If you're not washing it, it will do your hair much better to rinse with cold water as you're rinsing down after your main shower.
Everyday is too frequent. It will dry your hair out. Try twice a week.
wash with cold water, hot water strips your body of essential oils.
Every working day, not usually on weekends. But I do dirty work.

Quick Reply

Latest