The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
just started the course a few weeks ago, so far its breen about half and half biut ive been asleep in most lectures so i really dpont know (teaches me to stay up doesnt it?)

if ur intrested in the subject then read up about it...amnceshter is one the best places to do it...lol,

one warning...if you don't like videos dont come to manchester ...seen more films in the last three weeks than i have in my life and theyre all muddled up in my head lol...

if u want more information then private message me....

Ellie
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I'm doing a Joint Honours in Comparative Religion and Social Anthropology :smile: Of the two subjects, I'm finding anthropology easier but it can still be quite challenging. There's lots of reading to be done and the tutorials/seminars are quite intense, especially if you've got a good tutor. My Monday morning lecture in Culture, Power and Language is usually quite good but Regional Studies on Thursday afternoons tends to send me to sleep! :smile: The films are generally really interesting, although not always good is you're a bit squemish like me! One of the first ones we watched had some men who had been possessed by spirits foaming at the mouth and then ritually killing and eating a dog; it wasn't unbelievably graphic but I still had to look away from the screen :biggrin:

If you're interested in people above all else, then do Social Anthropology! It's a really good subject for opening your eyes and broadening your horizons. Also PM me if you have any other questions...

Latest

Trending

Trending