The Student Room Group

translate this to Spanish please

that you can live a healthy life without eating healthily or doing at least one hour of exercise a day.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you know you can use google translator? :confused:
not always accurate
Original post by beckalina1999
not always accurate

you can use google translate, just make sure to translate the spanish back to see if it translates to what you originally wrote, if there's incorrect grammar in the translation just make a few adjustments to the spanish grammar so it matches your original sentence, takes a bit of time but it worked for me :smile:
that you can live a healthy life without eating healthily or doing at least one hour of exercise a day.

Not really sure what the "that" is doing at the start of the sentence, I'll translate it and leave that word out:

"Es posible llevar una vida sana sin comer sano o hacer por lo menos una hora de ejercicio al día."

Puedes llevar (lead) una vida sana sin comer saludable o hacer ejercicio para menos de una hora

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not really sure what the "that" is doing at the start of the sentence, I'll translate it and leave that word out:

"Es posible llevar una vida sana sin comer sano o hacer por lo menos una hora de ejercicio al día."

would i be able to use the gerund like comiendo or ejercitando
would i be able to use the gerund like comiendo or ejercitando

Not in that sentence, no.
Not in that sentence, no.

Es una ilusión creer que puedas vivir una vida sana comiendo saludablemente o ejercitando por una hora al día al menos.
does that work- sorry i just need to fit it in somehow
Es una ilusión creer que puedas vivir una vida sana comiendo saludablemente o ejercitando por una hora al día al menos.

"Es una ilusion creer que puedes llevar una vida sana comiendo saludablemente o ejercitando por lo menos una hora al dia". That sentence makes sense and although it's correct grammatically it sounds quite clumsy and unnatural
"Es una ilusion creer que puedes llevar una vida sana comiendo saludablemente o ejercitando por lo menos una hora al dia". That sentence makes sense and although it's correct grammatically it sounds quite clumsy and unnatural

do you think i would lose marks for that - is there any way that i can adjust it
do you think i would lose marks for that - is there any way that i can adjust it

I don't think you'd lose many marks for that and it's quite difficult to conserve the gerund in that sentence and make it sound more natural.
ok well thank you for all your help
I don't think you'd lose many marks for that and it's quite difficult to conserve the gerund in that sentence and make it sound more natural.

Yo wah gwan wasteman :gangster:?
Original post by jesus.crisp
Yo wah gwan wasteman :gangster:?

You should only be here if you want help with your spanish homework :hand:
You should only be here if you want help with your spanish homework :hand:

What do you mean help with my spanish homework?:curious:

I am half Spanish:facepalm:.
Original post by jesus.crisp
What do you mean help with my spanish homework?:curious:

I am half Spanish:facepalm:.

But you've told me you don't speak the language :lolwut: