The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Whos ventured outside the academy?

Ok has there been anyone who has actually ventured out into uxbridge n seen whats it like there or been even more daring to go to like other towns?

I went to oceanas on monday! thats is the best nite ive had at uni lol. But there were drawbacks like its FAR FAR away. and a mission to get back, taxis cost 40 quid. so thats a no no. a bus is 3 pounds but dunno bout the night bus, never made it onto the bus.

So people any ideas i would love to hear ur advice n all.
Reply 1
i assume you went to kingstons oceana? tis wikid isn't it lol but yeh its far i mean kingston is 15 mins away from me and i commute, takes me bout an hour to get to brunel so musta taken even longer to get to kingston. hmm i've only bin to uxbridge in the day time seems to have a lot going on and lots of shops and things so must have some bar or club. eeerm you could always try staines or maybe ealing, even richmond, if you take the train its not too bad, or if you can't be bothered with travelling far lol west drayton seemed to have some pubs and bars.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
oh dear sorry i mustve not said this properly!

bars n pubs im not really worried about. u can get drunk anywhere cant u? What im talkin about thou is hardcore CLUBS! loli no i will not find anything closer than oceanas thats amazing but just tryin to get ideas of where else is a good CLUB...

also 10 mins from kingston? were thinkin of goin there next mon i think!
Reply 3
Royales is in the centre of uxbrige - full of chavs tho!!

don't forget theres also central, wide range of clubs there - Ministry, Fabric, Pacha, Attica, Turnmills, Zoo Bar, Cafe De Paris, Tiger Tiger, Sports Cafe

to name a few!
Reply 4
Wot clubs r there in Ealing and Richmond that u no r good for a friday nite? Thanks
Reply 5
hmm i am afraid i don't know much about ealing but its closer to uxbridge than most places. In richmond there are mainly bars but there is a small club called park avenue. Best bet if you want a good club is probably oceana in kingston
Reply 6
Thanks how far is Ocena and how did u get bak? How much did it cost?
Reply 7
OCEANAS TONITE! wednesday 18th october. student nite its the best nite of the week to go!need to show ur student card thou. but free entry b4 8. the queues get big at about 7.30 but i promise its well worth gettin there well early. plus J2 per vodka coke. therefore on J16 u can get quite damaged.

HOw u get there. errrr. a bus from uxbridge bus station goes to ealam broadway, for numbers of the buses look at the timetable(just look under the name of the station u want n itll give th ethe bus NO.) from ealam broadway take the NO65 bus i think to kingston. and from there u cant really miss oceanas. if u do! ask any1 every1 knows where oceanas is. The way back is taken by a night bus which im thinkin will be free but ive never taken it. will do tonite thou.
Reply 8
oceana is just so massive you Can NOT miss it!!!
Reply 9
I work in zanzibar in uxbridge on thurs/fri or sat nights depending on whether or not I feel like it and if you want a pub with a dj then thats where you go if you cant be asked to trek, only place I know in uxbridge that isnt full of chavs.
Reply 10
Do you Brunel students want to have an Oceana meet? :biggrin: I've been to The Works in Kingston from Uxbridge, a bus from campus. But I havn't been to Oceana in Kingston. We could get each other's mobile phone numbers or something and meet up at Uxbridge (maybe campus?) and go :smile: .
Reply 11
Yea, make a thread and see how many are interested!?

Latest

Trending

Trending