The Student Room Group

Withdrawal

Hi,

I'm about 11 weeks into my course which is a 3rd 'top up' year after gaining a FDA award.

I may have to withdraw through personal reasons and would like to ask how it affects the following

Tuition Fee: for the term I have attended, would It be paid back as a loan or immediately out of my own pocket?

Maintenance Grant and Loan: how much is repayable immediately and is that as one full lump sum or installments?
Hi there

You will be liable for a tuition fee amount which depends on the exact amount of time you had spent there and this will be advised by your college/uni. These will always be repayable as normal when you enter repayment and are earning over £21,000 after you graduate.

For maintenance loans and grants, a portion of these may go into over-payment based on the time you actually studied. This will be worked out using the exact withdrawal date the college/uni will advise us of. So for example in September we issue an advance payment to cover up until January. If you then withdraw at the end of October we would then request the funding we had given for November and December back as this would have been overpaid due to you no longer actually studying these months

The overpaid amount will be requested back immediately but doesn't need to be all at once. You can contact our team to discuss a repayment plan in relation to these.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending