The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Computer Graphics/Animation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lol... i got an email today sayin "UCAS Application Status Notification" or sumthin like that, got me all excited, BUT... found out it was just confirmation of my imperial rejection! lol
great.
nothin yet from bournemouth tho...

oh yeah, at the interview.. did they read anything that you wrote, like annotations of ideas etc or essays?

my interviewer just flicked through everythin really fast and randomly asked a question about it.. he didnt handle my work too nicely either :s-smilie: lol he was quite rough with it...
Reply 41
aw i just opened my inbox and swear i saw an email from UCAS, i actualy just imagined it
my brain is playing tricks on me :s-smilie:

and he didnt read ANYTHING id written, he flicked through my sketchbook in which i had written out realy neatly the progression of my ideas in my fractals unit, just glancing quickly at the photos...i didnt have any annotation on anything else but he spent a while staring at my final piece, just staring, got a bit scared...but he said he liked it :yy:

he didnt handle my work only my sketchbook, all of my work was mounted on A1 sheets so i just put it on the floor!
Reply 42
ahh rite, thats k then, i thought my interviewer was lazy or something and couldnt be assed to read what i wrote lol...

the guy said to me "let me look through your work and dont explain it, unless i ask you"... sounded a bit aggressive lol so he just flicked through all my A1 and A2 work, and 1 of my sketchbooks on his own..
i think he got bored coz he said.. "ok thats enough then, ive seen what i need to see" and didnt bother look through my other sketchbook.. ahhh well..
Reply 43
So lets confirm (purely for the benefit of Welshboyomon) who hasn't has the interview yet:

I had the rastafarian guy: not really into art, computer programmer, doesn't ask many questions, doesn't give much feedback, doesn't read writing, seems layed back but is actually quite scrutising...

Abs had the the arty one: Into art, likes staring at work, asks questions about other artist's work that you have been studying, doesn't read text though

Dan had the other math/programmer person: Rough with work, quite agressive, a sort of "speak when you are spoken to person", impacient, goes through results with you and talks about what was good/bad, gives his opinions, doesn't read your writing/text though

Anything you guys want to add? (descriptions, lol)
Reply 44
that sounds about right lol
i think abbie's interviewer teaches the programmin part as well, and my guy was something linked to cinematography
Reply 45
lol, call me Chris, as opposed to Welshboyomon, that's just the user name i use because not many people have it... Stange.

Thanks for the heads up, not sure which one i would like to hope for, maybe the programmer so i can talk to him about programming and waste time.

At least i'll have some idea of what to expect from each person,
Thanks!
Reply 46
Thanks Abs for letting me know about this thread. I have been reading it recently and its been a lot of help. The interview next week is slowly creeping up, but now i can get some stuff done for it now exams are out the way.

Dan's given me most of the tips for the day and advice already cos i'm in the same art class as him doing a2 art at the moment. Would have had an earlier interview but had to re arrange because of clash with maths c1 exam.
Hope everyone thats had the interview so far manages to get an offer out of it. Sounds like they'res not much for any of you to worry about judgin from the thread already :wink:

Chris
Reply 47
I GOT MY OFFER 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

300 POINTS :biggrin: ! :biggrin: ! :biggrin: and no specific grades

gd luck every1... im well happy atm lol

wooo
Reply 48
I GOT AN OFFER TOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

IM LITERALLY DANCING AROUND THE ROOM!

it says i need three Bs in each of my subjects though, i might see if theyll let me get ABC

Good luck Matt im sure you're in too

xxx
Reply 49
I got an offer too!!!! :biggrin:
Woot :-)
I don't know my conditions yet though, but it can't be too hard to achieve (I'm doing 4 Alevels with 4 A predictions)

I was really worried for a while that I may not get in, oh well it is nice to be wrong! :smile:

This is so cool you guys, this means we will get to see eachother in person again, lol!
Reply 50
woohoo.. well done matt and abs :biggrin:
guess we'll see each other in september..

ur doin 4A2's matt? and art is one of them?
man that must be tough keeping up2date with the work
Reply 51
YAY! im so happy we all got offers! well done Matt and Dan :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

see you all in September woooooooo!
Reply 52
Woho! Well done guys!
....Now we need to get the grades, lol
Reply 53
I have just found out my conditions, I have to get 300 points, that is like 4Cs or 3Ds+1A, lol, how easy is that?!
This is going to be a breeze :biggrin:
Reply 54
ok now im scared/confused
you and dan need 300 points
mine says this
B in Art
B in Geography
B in ICT

so if i get two As and a C i cant get in?

scared.
Reply 55
You will be fine, I'm possative you will not get a C!
And Anyway you will probably find out that you need 300points not 3 Bs when the letter comes, dont fret :smile:
Reply 56
Congratulations on you three getting your offers! Got my interview tomorrow.. Nearvous! :eek:
Reply 57
yeah abs.. exactly wot matt said ^... ull be fine!
the hard part's done, gettin past the interview/tests :biggrin:
but if ur really really worried bout it.. u can always ring them and find out probably.

gd luck 2moro both chris's
Reply 58
good luck tommorow chris, just don't get phased by "The Silent Room", you will know what I mean tommorow, lol :biggrin:
Good luck!!
Reply 59
heylo people. been reading this thread quite a bit and found it really interesting. i'm interested in bournemouth but am unsure if i'll get in. i've been looking at the skillset accredited course list here http://www.skillset.org/animation/accreditation/ and wondered if they are the best ones to be looking at? also does anyone know how good the other bournemouth course is at the arts institute?

any help wud be ace! thanks

Quick Reply

Latest