The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Computer Graphics/Animation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
If you have a good portfolio with art work, and your doing maths, and able to get BBB at Alevels then thers a high chance you will get into bournemouth.

i initially applied to the bournemouth arts institute, but changed it for hertfordshire. I didnt really know much about the arts institute, and i heard loads of gd things about herts. Herts isn't on the skillset list but the work the students produce there is really good too. http://www.h3da.co.uk/

Bournemouth and Teeside seem to be the top uni's for animation tho cause of the industry links and bournemouth having the ncca, and teeside with there animex festival.
Reply 61
Chris, how did your interview go? Confident?
I'm sure it went fine, and only 2 weeks till you'll know the result! :biggrin:
Reply 62
hope your interview went well Chris! Good Luck!

I got an email from Bournemouth today in reply to my email about my offer
it said:
"Hi Abbie

Applicants that meet their condition are guaranteed their place on the course, there is flexibility at confirmation for applicants that miss their condition but this is difficult to say until confirmation when we know the results of all applicants.

If you didn't achieve 3 B's but achieved AAC or ABC you will have achieved 300 tariff points, but you would not have met our condition and the decision whether you secure a place would be dependant on other results.

If you are still unsure please give me a call.

Regards
Sharen"

I think its weird that you can get ABC or AAC and i cant :s-smilie: oh well i just have to pray i dont get less than a B in any subjects eek
xxx
Reply 63
hey abbie, i reckon ther just saying that to make you work harder and get the grades you need... but im sure if you get ABC, or AAC you'll be fine... my friend chris who had his interview yday told me they said that 250 applied for the course this year and only 50 people will be accepted???
btw... if i got an offer of 300points does that include any AS subjects ive dropped? or currently doing :s-smilie: ?

x
Reply 64
mmm i hope so! i thought there were only 30 places? so they give 50 offers and 20 people dont get in?
i cant believe they chose me out of 250 people haha that makes me feel special :smile:
and i think the ucas points counts AS levels that youve done too, if they were just AS not Alevel
you probably wont need to count your AS's anyways
xxx
Reply 65
Hey

My interview didn't go too bad, Maths test was easy enough, logic test i found well hard though. Life drawing wasn't too bad, and he graded them at a B+ which is alright.

My interviewer was called Phil i think (looked a little like Paul Jewell), he was alright, although i got a bit nervous ansering the quesstions.

So i'm really not too sure, and my interview was only like 5-10 minutes, we were told they would last 20-30 minutes, which is worrying for me.

I really don't know, i could have done a lot better, oh well.

I tried to see what he put at the bottom when i was putting my stuff away, and there was a mark underneath the conditional box, nothing in it, just underneath, then i left, so not sure what that means.

Your friend Dan, i think the guy was telling us how many they accepted when they first opened the course, 50. Someone did ask how many have applied but he didn't know because applications are still coming in, i may be wrong, but 50 seems not many.

Anyways, i wait nervously and hope they make a decision before i go to Venice in half term.

Chris
Reply 66
ah right cool, only 5-10mins interview? did you have to wait ages till your name got called?
i heard that you guys got the exact same test as we did 2 weeks ago lol..
anyways good luck.. ull probs get a reply within 2 weeks..

(this thread has turned into a bournemouth topic only now lol.. wahey)
Reply 67
Cheers, yeah i had to wait quite a while, i went in at around half three, and it was suppose to end at 4, with still quite a few people after me, so maybe they had to rush? I don't know.

Yeah in the logic test we had the 5 year old genius that made up the money game, why he didn't just put his money in one bank i'll never know...
The lying and who killed lord bab thingy.
Reply 68
Chris, i was there yesterday for interview and mine was only about 15 minutes long, quite shorter than people had made me to expect. I had the same guy as you, and he seemed in a bit of a mood when he started to interview me, maybe because i was first in. He went, don't take notice of me going through your artwork quickly, i know what i'm looking for and don't talk about it unless i ask you...which dan had told me he wud do so i weren't too bothered.

He asked me to analyse my life drawing and i made up some random crap saying i preffered the longer ones as i got the drawings more in proportion etc..

I thought interview went alrite, cudn't tell as he was a hard person to read, didn't give much away, and as slowly as i tried to put my art work away he still hadn't reached the boxes at the bottom of his paper so i guess i have the agony of the wait until ucas updates..
Maths test was easy enough but like you said, the logic did have me confused at times.

I was trying to guess who you were there but as i weren't in the room when others had their names called out for interview then i didn't know. The way you might remember me was that i was the plonker who undid their easel at the beginning of the life drawing test and made it collapse and the paper went everywhere...lol, embarrassing times..

Chris
Reply 69
c013310

The way you might remember me was that i was the plonker who undid their easel at the beginning of the life drawing test and made it collapse and the paper went everywhere...lol, embarrassing times..

LOL! I remeber you, that was so funny! Must have been embrassing for you :redface: Unlucky.
Yeah i think you were to the left of me, i was to the right of you on one of the chair thingys next to the boxes the model used to sit on.

When we were waiting to be interviewed were you sat on the back row on the right hand side, i think there was someone called Chris sat there who got called up first i think.

c013310

He asked me to analyse my life drawing and i made up some random crap saying i preffered the longer ones as i got the drawings more in proportion etc..

Yeah that's what i said, didn't know really what to say apart from in the longer poses i think i got porportion better and was able to measure everything.

Chris
Reply 70
Yep that was me. Was first person called by Phil allen and my names chris, and i was sitting at the back on right...i kinda remember the people that were sitting on those chair things.

Half broke the atmosphere in the room before life drawing started, my easel collapsing...lol, i'm glad i saw the funny side in it..:redface:

Only time will tell whether an offers on its way..
Good luck everyone, hope ya'll end up where you desire.

Animation 4 lyfe, yo.
Aaaaaages ago I attempted to make a Digital Art/Anim Soc, but it got quickly burried. Anyone want to join it if I ressurected it?

Since there is no soc atm, I whipped this up earlier in an hour or two when I was bored earlier:

http://www.ego-chimp.com/snowb.mov
Reply 73
I got a letter through the post this morning from Bournemouth...
The letter said they had made me a conditional offer, which i was well happy about :biggrin:

Until i drove into College and looked at Ucas to see what the offer was on;
A in Maths
B in Photography
C in Computing

An A in Maths is nealry impossible for me, so my tutor suggested i send them an email to see if my offer could possibly be reconsidered to BBB, because although i got a C in AS Computing, the exams have gone alright and a B is accomplishable if i work hard.
Just have to see what they say...

Replied well quick though, had my interview last week.

Chris
Reply 74
yeah that is well quick...

gd luck with your exam results then mate
i think abbie sent them an email asking to change the offer, but they were a bit strict sounding...
Reply 75
yay well done chris on the offer, its worth emailing them they will reply, i emailed them because my offer was BBB and i might get ABC and ive posted the email they sent back on this thread, they basically said theyd have to review it on the results day to see how many people met their offers and stuff
cant we swap offers!? except i do different subjects to you
but still
hopefully we'll all be fine though
:biggrin:
Abs
xxx
Reply 76
Why is it that they want some people to get grades and some poeple to get points? It makes no sense.....
Why don't they just ask for 300 points from aplicants like they stated they will on the course website?
....stupid university people, lol :biggrin:
Reply 77
I think it's because you're doing 4 A-Levels aren't you Matt, therefore all 4 of your grades can be combined to get that 300 points, as oppose to people doing 3 A-Levels, they have grades specified maybe?
Reply 78
hmm im gonna have 3 Alevels, and 2As's at the end of college, and i still got a 300point offer.. wierd oh well... just hope we all get the points/grades that we all need
Reply 79
They emailed back and said no.
And there's no way i'm going to get an A in Maths, i don't see why they didn't just offer me an offer of 3 B's like everyone else... Oh well

Quick Reply

Latest