The Student Room Group

Graphic design application - portfolio help

I'm now studying graphic design, media studies and English language at A level. I've applied to study graphics at: University of Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met, Nottingham Trent and Northumbria. So far I have sent my digital portfolio to Nottingham and Manchester and I have interviews to Leeds Beckett and Northumbria in January. Can someone please give me some advice about what to put in my portfolio, I'd really love to go to uni without having to do that foundation year.
Here is a link to my digital portfolio: http://wmgraphicdesign.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/scanned-drawing-of-game-character-for.html?m=1
Original post by WM96
I'm now studying graphic design, media studies and English language at A level. I've applied to study graphics at: University of Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met, Nottingham Trent and Northumbria. So far I have sent my digital portfolio to Nottingham and Manchester and I have interviews to Leeds Beckett and Northumbria in January. Can someone please give me some advice about what to put in my portfolio, I'd really love to go to uni without having to do that foundation year.
Here is a link to my digital portfolio: http://wmgraphicdesign.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/scanned-drawing-of-game-character-for.html?m=1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132

You will have a much better chance with an art foundation course, though.
Original post by WM96

Hey, I'm in the same boat at the moment. Different unis, but no foundation year!

I've looked through your portfolio and I really like your work! Some of your poster designs look great. The only thing I'd say is that I found it very awkward to navigate... clicking on one pic, clicking back, clicking on the next pic etc.
I think it would be easier if you could just use the arrow keys to scroll through the work in a sort of slideshow, or the images became magnified on the same page as the others (if that makes any sense at all).

I know it's a little thing but it might help a bit.

Good luck with your interviews. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by charlottei
Hey, I'm in the same boat at the moment. Different unis, but no foundation year!

I've looked through your portfolio and I really like your work! Some of your poster designs look great. The only thing I'd say is that I found it very awkward to navigate... clicking on one pic, clicking back, clicking on the next pic etc.
I think it would be easier if you could just use the arrow keys to scroll through the work in a sort of slideshow, or the images became magnified on the same page as the others (if that makes any sense at all).

I know it's a little thing but it might help a bit.

Good luck with your interviews. :biggrin:

Thank you for the advice, I'll see what I can do. Where have you applied to?
Original post by WM96
Thank you for the advice, I'll see what I can do. Where have you applied to?

No problem :smile:
I've applied to Arts University Bournemouth, Falmouth, Hertfordshire, Leeds College of Art and Norwich University of the Arts (in alphabetical order aha). So it looks like we haven't got any in common at all!

I am applying to the foundation course at Man Met though, in case the degree doesn't work out. It's pretty convenient for me because I'm already in the Greater Manchester area :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest