The Student Room Group

I'm having a quarter-life crisis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by white boy
im sayin bout 4-500

Nice, I'm down with that :biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well, the absolute worst thing that you can do is do nothing. Are you working at the moment? Perhaps you need a change of career?

The most important thing is to be proactive. Even if you're not sure you're reaching in the right direction, any direction is better than none. You're most likely very young. If you get people entering into who new careers in their 50s and 60s, you'll be fine.

And another thing - DON'T compare yourself to other people. That's absolutely going to upset anyone. All over social networking people's lives look better, but to be honest, they're probably feeling pretty much the same a lot of the time.

Just keep pushing through, try and have fun when and where you can, and don't focus too far into the future. Because that is what drives us mad.

When you're 50, you'll look back on your twenties and realise that actually, you had all the time in the world. And you'll also realise that even at 50, you still have plenty of time to completely change your life if you want to!

:biggrin:id kiss yeh but youre married
Original post by Calpurnia
And I've got it bad - even romantic notions of "back-packing" seem like a waste of time. I want nothing more than to crawl up into a ball with a group of other people who are feeling exactly the same, and congratulate each other on how betrayed we've been by our youth and expectations. Preferably they'll have read Generation X and we'll all be curled up somewhere in the nondescript middle of the US.

Anyone got any clues on how to escape this psychological bear trap that I put my own foot into? Or is this all there is?

Any and all comments and criticisms appreciated - offers to curl up are also gladly welcomed.

Can completely sympathize, and it's past the point where motivational talking makes any difference. When someone says "C'mon, pull yourself together, think positive" I'm just like yeah, yeah, heard it a million times before, empty meaningless words.

I think Kaiju's response was probably the most truthful of all, though the way it's written sounds quite defeatist when it's the exact opposite of defeat.
Reply 24
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
I think Kaiju's response was probably the most truthful of all, though the way it's written sounds quite defeatist when it's the exact opposite of defeat.

^^
you know you've made it when you can be complete stoic about a situation the majority of people would see as "depressing"
Reply 25
Original post by Calpurnia
Any and all comments and criticisms appreciated - offers to curl up are also gladly welcomed.

Finding the creator will illuminate the soul as to the meaning of this life.
If you go travelling you meet other people doing the same thing, after a while you just wanna find "home", something to believe in. Go vertical, not horizontal.

If sincerely intersted I can tell you how I found God.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest