The Student Room Group

She got upset at me for no reason!

I was having a discussion with my friend about a girl in our A level year and I said that I would never go on a date with someone with such low morals as her. She is very attractive however, she has from what I hear committed self-harm in the past and so her ethics are questionable. Anyhow the girl herself overheard this and later on I got an angry text from her saying that I had hurt her feelings, which is bizarre. Anyhow I have thought about texting her back with 'what do you mean' however, I wanted to know if that is the right route.

Scroll to see replies

#women
Reply 2
Original post by Bude8
#women

Indeed.
either a troll or a tw*t....can't decide which
Reply 4
To say you won't date a girl with mental health problems will inevitably hurt a person's feelings who has them or those who feel strongly about mental health issues. To presume someone has 'low morals' because they have mental health issues is ignorant and does appear hypocritical. Mental disorders, such as depression, is an illness and to have such an illness does not denote someone possesses 'low morals'. I would text her back apologising for your presumption... you're entitled to have an opinion but self-harm is not equatable to moral belief.
(edited 9 years ago)
You were discussing how she has 'low morals', how you'd never date her and that her ethics are questionable because of her self-harming... with a friend.

Ask yourself this... Would you like it if that was said about you ? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Kaylaleigh

I'm not a troll and how does it make me a tw*t to say I am not attracted to someone?

Probably both.
Original post by Enterprising
I'm not a troll and how does it make me a tw*t to say I am not attracted to someone?

Not being attracted to someone is fine. Everyone passes their days not being attracted to hundreds of people.

Saying someone must have low morals for self harming/having a mental illness is what makes you a tw*t. But then I figure it isn't possible to someone to be such an idiot, so you must be a troll, but then if that is the case, you are still a tw*t
Reply 9
Original post by karmacrunch
You were discussing how she has 'low morals', how you'd never date her and that her ethics are questionable because of her self-harming... with a friend.

Ask yourself this... Would you like it if that was said about you ? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I do not self-harm or have low morals so that specific thing would never happen to me. Anyhow what should I do to get to stop texting me?
Not being attracted to someone is fine. Everyone passes their days not being attracted to hundreds of people.

Saying someone must have low morals for self harming/having a mental illness is what makes you a tw*t. But then I figure it isn't possible to someone to be such an idiot, so you must be a troll, but then if that is the case, you are still a tw*t

Well, I am not trolling. Low morals and self harm go together, the same as with low morals and drug abuse.
Well, I am not trolling. Low morals and self harm go together, the same as with low morals and drug abuse.

How does mental state equate with morals, exactly?
I do question your denial. Brand new member posts blatantly controversial posts, typical troll.
(edited 9 years ago)
How does mental state equate with morals, exactly?

Well, what sort of reasonable person self harms?
Well, what sort of reasonable person self harms?

Regardless of if you think it is reasonable or not, how does it equate to low morals?
Original post by RobertWhite
To say you won't date a girl with mental health problems will inevitably hurt a person's feelings who has them or those who feel strongly about mental health issues. To presume someone has 'low morals' because they have mental health issues is ignorant and does appear hypocritical. Mental disorders, such as depression, is an illness and to have such an illness does not denote someone possesses 'low morals'. I would text her back apologising for your presumption... you're entitled to have an opinion but self-harm is not equatable to moral belief.

Why should I apologise?
You insulted her and are saying she got upset over nothing?:rolleyes:
Reply 16
I was having a discussion with my friend about a girl in our A level year and I said that I would never go on a date with someone with such low morals as her. She is very attractive however, she has from what I hear committed self-harm in the past and so her ethics are questionable. Anyhow the girl herself overheard this and later on I got an angry text from her saying that I had hurt her feelings, which is bizarre. Anyhow I have thought about texting her back with 'what do you mean' however, I wanted to know if that is the right route.

I hope this is a troll and you don't genuinely lack compassion.
Original post by Safiya122
You insulted her and are saying she got upset over nothing?:rolleyes:

She has no reason to be upset.
She has no reason to be upset.

Yes she does! You said she has low morals and her ethics are questionable, regardless of whether that is true or not obviously she's going to be insulted.
Lol I wouldnt date her either, as would any other sane person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending