Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 521
name: Jun
uk applicant but Chinese
Actuarial Science
AAA including maths
Will be applying for LSE halls near the school, any suggestions?

would love a French speaking roommate parce que j'apprends le francais au lycee et j'aime les langues :biggrin:

what do you guys think I should pick for insurance?
economics stats finance at UCL for AAA
or actuarial science with a year in industry at east Anglia for ABBB
Original post by Adriaan
Thank you for your reply!
What do most people prefer, LSE halls or intercollegiate, and why?
Do different halls have different 'reputations'? If so, where can I read more about them?
The LSE site is, understandably, not really clear about this.

Personally, I'd go for the LSE Halls just because I feel like we'd be left out of the LSE scene in the intercollegiate halls. I don't know much about the reputations. All I've heard from some current students is that Roseberry, Passfield and Bankside are very sociable. I just looked at the cost, rooms and locations of the halls to decide.
Original post by Junnie
uk applicant but Chinese
Actuarial Science
AAA including maths

would love a French speaking roommate parce que j'apprends le francais au lycee et j'aime les langues :biggrin:

Anglia obviously! You don't choose an insurance that has the same points margin as your firm! :P
Original post by Junnie
uk applicant but Chinese
Actuarial Science
AAA including maths

UCL - you could definitely get into a better place than UEA through clearing if it comes to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey are any of you guys thinking of attending the offer holder's day on April 15th?
Original post by powelsmartin
UCL - you could definitely get into a better place than UEA through clearing if it comes to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't make sense... He has an AAA offer. Why would you pick another AAA offer as your insurance? Basically it means you have no insurance?
Original post by Junnie
uk applicant but Chinese
Actuarial Science
AAA including maths

pas de souci mec je serai ton pote français si tu veux :wink:
Reply 528
Original post by managementftw
Hey are any of you guys thinking of attending the offer holder's day on April 15th?

yeah
I got a dumb question..:colondollar:

I want to ask, do you have to finish your A-levels to apply as I'm seeing some have conditional offers which require a certain grade. Also, does being an international student affect applying at A-levels?
Original post by flanham
That doesn't make sense... He has an AAA offer. Why would you pick another AAA offer as your insurance? Basically it means you have no insurance?

There's a greater chance of being accepted as a near-miss. And you don't have to commit to UEA (there are instances where no insurance is wise ie when you are able to go into clearing and get a better place through that). I know someone who's doing the exact same thing (AAA LSE firm, AAA UCL insurance and ignoring ABB UEA which is a pretty weird coincidence now that I think of it).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by powelsmartin
There's a greater chance of being accepted as a near-miss. And you don't have to commit to UEA (there are instances where no insurance is wise ie when you are able to go into clearing and get a better place through that). I know someone who's doing the exact same thing (AAA LSE firm, AAA UCL insurance and ignoring ABB UEA which is a pretty weird coincidence now that I think of it).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Near miss to UCL? Very, very unlikely methinks...
Original post by ConnorM
pas de souci mec je serai ton pote français si tu veux :wink:

Mais t'es francais aussi??
Any reasons for why you should go to the open day if you have already firmed LSE and chosen your accomodation?
Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS
Any reasons for why you should go to the open day if you have already firmed LSE and chosen your accomodation?

To get a feel of the place of course! I'm going cause I thought it would be great to get to meet current students and people from the department, not to mention meet other people who are potentially going to be in your course!
Anyone doing pure econ?
Original post by emmelinelu
Anyone doing pure econ?

meeeeee
Reply 537
Anyone still waiting for an answer from LSE?
I applied in mid december for Politics and Communication and I am still "under consideration". How long did you guys have to wait? Did you start receiving e-mails from your department after the answer was given? Some two or three weeks ago I started receiving e-mails with the department's activities almost everyday.
Oh! Almost forgot:
Applying from Brazil, Media Studies.
Hadi
International Applicant
Bsc Economics (L101)
Conditional Offer: A* in Maths, A in Economics, A in the 3rd and a pass in the 4th subject
I'm still undecided on accomodation :tongue:
Original post by flanham
Near miss to UCL? Very, very unlikely methinks...

They do take part in adjustment, so not as unlikely as you may think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending