The Student Room Group

*Goldman Sachs - 2015 Graduate Operations Analyst*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sherry56
Hi,Munster, just got an invitation of second round in 2 days later, what did they ask in the second round? is that quite similar questions as they asked in the first round and repeated with different people? Did they ask a lot about the recent market performance of Goldman a lot? or just several follow up questions based on your answer of the questions as u mentioned? any other tips? thanks!!

Original post by Mcdermott
I have my first round interview on Tuesday morning, any tips on where to do some research? How do I absorb as much info as possible to tuesday? Are there any questions regarding current industry news etc?

I heard back from my first round interview the following evening, and got the job offer a few days after my second round interview :smile: but I've heard people hear back at different times so don't be worried if you don't hear from them straight away.

I completely agree with Munster - both interviews are mainly competency based so prepare loads of these (great examples on Glassdoor). Just be open and be yourself - they want to know the real you, be prepared to talk about your CV and be prepared to answer follow up questions to the answers you give. The interviewers are really friendly and I only got asked technical questions if I brought up the subject myself, so if you do talk about something in the news or a financial term, make sure you know the details of it. And have some good questions to ask them :smile:
Reply 21
Hi guys, anyone know here wether me waiting longer than a week means rejection by any chance,

starting to get quite worried tbh, i know my friend hasnt also been given any feedback
Original post by veesh
I heard back from my first round interview the following evening, and got the job offer a few days after my second round interview :smile: but I've heard people hear back at different times so don't be worried if you don't hear from them straight away.

I completely agree with Munster - both interviews are mainly competency based so prepare loads of these (great examples on Glassdoor). Just be open and be yourself - they want to know the real you, be prepared to talk about your CV and be prepared to answer follow up questions to the answers you give. The interviewers are really friendly and I only got asked technical questions if I brought up the subject myself, so if you do talk about something in the news or a financial term, make sure you know the details of it. And have some good questions to ask them :smile:

I there I had my second round on Friday and am yet to hear back. Anyone know on average how long it takes to receive feedback if it's a positive outcome? I heard back within 48 hours for my first round so the fact it's been three days is concerning me a little. Thank you for anyone's insight.
Original post by Munster
Ohh! Hope it well, I'm still waiting, they told me they'd get back to me mid-January so I'm guessing soon.

Good luck! :smile:

Hi Munster I was wondering if you've heard back yet? Thanks!
Reply 24
Original post by Mfux9mmk9
Hi Munster I was wondering if you've heard back yet? Thanks!

Hey I heard back ages ago! Lol I didn't get it :P

If you go through the pages in this post you'll see when exactly :smile:
Hey Munster I'm sorry to hear that but I hope you've got another offer elsewhere that you can fall back on. I haven't heard back for almost three weeks now so it's not looking too good. Did you receive the email notification two weeks after your second round interview if you can remember? :smile:
Reply 26
Hey Munster I'm sorry to hear that but I hope you've got another offer elsewhere that you can fall back on. I haven't heard back for almost three weeks now so it's not looking too good. Did you receive the email notification two weeks after your second round interview if you can remember? :smile:

You have to call then
And pressure them to tell you, stop wasting your time waiting !!!!
Original post by ant2020
You have to call then

Hey Ant thanks for your message. I have tried to call a couple of times but never get through to anyone. I'll probably try again later in the week. May I ask how long it took you to hear back/what you did to follow up?

Thanks
Reply 28

Hey Ant thanks for your message. I have tried to call a couple of times but never get through to anyone. I'll probably try again later in the week. May I ask how long it took you to hear back/what you did to follow up?

Thanks

Yeah it was like more than three weeks after that I heard back. But ant2020 is right, its better to call rather than wait around and waste time like I did! They only got back to me after I emailed them (I called them and I didn't get through to them) which was annoying.

And now I'm waiting for feedback, I've called them loads of times (didn't get through) until recently, and the person who I was looking for wasn't in, so now I have to wait til next week -_-
Reply 29
Original post by Munster
Yeah it was like more than three weeks after that I heard back. But ant2020 is right, its better to call rather than wait around and waste time like I did! They only got back to me after I emailed them (I called them and I didn't get through to them) which was annoying.

And now I'm waiting for feedback, I've called them loads of times (didn't get through) until recently, and the person who I was looking for wasn't in, so now I have to wait til next week -_-

I'm supprised your still waiting around for feedback. Goldman Sachs are probably the worse company to get back to you, wether its feedback or rejection they will delay it as much as they can. I hate it but once they reject you, it's game over they don't care about you
Original post by ant2020
I'm supprised your still waiting around for feedback. Goldman Sachs are probably the worse company to get back to you, wether its feedback or rejection they will delay it as much as they can. I hate it but once they reject you, it's game over they don't care about you

Hey I've known people that get the offer after a month though. I called today and was told they're still assessing interview outcomes and would be in touch. Not really quite sure what that means though. Any ideas?
Reply 31
Original post by ant2020

Lol I know right!! But I don't care, I'm adamant on getting feedback. I really thought my interviews went well so I want to see what went wrong. If that means calling them everyday and chasing them by emails, then so be it! :P
Original post by ant2020
You have to call then

What was your outcome ant2020?
Question for anyone who has received an offer.

What is the starting salary and sign on bonus? I'm very interest to see how they compare to competitors
Reply 34
Original post by Liamp487
Question for anyone who has received an offer.

What is the starting salary and sign on bonus? I'm very interest to see how they compare to competitors

Check glass door, it is pretty accurate
Reply 35
1000-1500 sign on bonus,

salary 33k.
Stress...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by aialaah
£36k salary £6k bonus

Lool I don't think so mate? I have about 10-15 people I know working there, doing operations as placement students and they are not nowhere earning that much.

It's 33k 1000-1500 sign on
Original post by ant2020
Lool I don't think so mate? I have about 10-15 people I know working there, doing operations as placement students and they are not nowhere earning that much.

It's 33k 1000-1500 sign on

It's 36k and 6k bonus.
Hi i'm going into third year(3 year course), do you think its better to apply to grad roles or interships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending