The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bethy, my really close mate at Manchester (yes, in our year) has just started Spanish (the LEAP course for beginner's) after having chosen Arabic first.. she decided to give Arabic up because she commutes from home and can't be assed coming home late on the days she has Arabic (since they're evening classes).. Anyway, she started Spanish last week and she said she had no problem catching up (even though she's generally had no "background" to languages.. she does English Language).

If she can do it.. (you get the idea)

If you want, I can ask her to give you her notes or whatever lol!

... or just go for italian if they allow you :biggrin:
Reply 21
Italian rules the world. :biggrin:
Cunning Linguist
Bethy, my really close mate at Manchester (yes, in our year) has just started Spanish (the LEAP course for beginner's) after having chosen Arabic first.. she decided to give Arabic up because she commutes from home and can't be assed coming home late on the days she has Arabic (since they're evening classes).. Anyway, she started Spanish last week and she said she had no problem catching up (even though she's generally had no "background" to languages.. she does English Language).

If she can do it.. (you get the idea)

If you want, I can ask her to give you her notes or whatever lol!

... or just go for italian if they allow you :biggrin:

Hmmph if they let her they should let me...
I think Dr.Littler or whatever her name is, is asking admissions about Italian and emphasising my Latin and stuff I hope...I should be able to catch up because I know someone doing beginner's Italian in the classes I'll be in and my boyfriend is doing it n all in Liverpool cause he's a genius.
I don't understand why they wouldn't let me swap but their e-mails were quite rude.

And the way I see it the longer they leave me the less chance there is gonna be for me to change cause of catching up etc.
I said that to them, cause they said it was like past the deadline or something but if I'd gone last week I know that I wouldn't have been giving Russian a fair chance, so I'm potentially losing out because I was trying me best heh
:biggrin: theyve said they can change me to German&Italian so YAY :d

Thanks for everyone's niceness !
Reply 24
discombobulation
:biggrin: theyve said they can change me to German&Italian so YAY :d

Thanks for everyone's niceness !

Woo!
If you ever need any Italian help, PM me and I'll try my best! Although my brain is a little bit French atm...
Becca
Woo!
If you ever need any Italian help, PM me and I'll try my best! Although my brain is a little bit French atm...

Haha wellll I've got three weeks of beginner's to catch up on :confused: - but am sure I'll manage...I hope heh
Reply 26
discombobulation
Haha wellll I've got three weeks of beginner's to catch up on :confused: - but am sure I'll manage...I hope heh

It's OK, I have a friend who started Italian (after giving up Russian funnily enough!) after 3 weeks in first year and she coaught up really easily! :smile:
Becca
It's OK, I have a friend who started Italian (after giving up Russian funnily enough!) after 3 weeks in first year and she coaught up really easily! :smile:

Haha it's nice to know there are other people in my situation :smile:
Just gonna go sort out the modules and PRAY there's no overlaps again heh

xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending