The Student Room Group

NUS Launches National Audit To Investigate 'Rife' Lad Culture

Scroll to see replies

Pretty sure it's been around a very long time, and as per usual NUS showing how useless and pointless they are. What is the point of them exactly?
Who actually listens to the NUS? They haven't changed anything since... well they haven't changed anything ever.

The NUS is an irrelevant group that does not reflect the opinions of those they apparently stand for.

There is nothing that they can do with this report.
Yeah, I bet it'll be some comprehensive, high-quality research that won't be influenced by their prior convictions at all and will have a profound impact on student society.

Spoiler

Original post by Jammy Duel
Pretty sure it's been around a very long time, and as per usual NUS showing how useless and pointless they are. What is the point of them exactly?

Their discount card is handy.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Their discount card is handy.

variably, I imagine women find it more handy than men because quite a few places would accept just a straight uni card (or just accept your word that you're a student and/or have a NUS card). For example, the only time I really would use it is at the cinema, and they never as for it and would just accept my uni card anyway (and also accept out of date ones sometimes)
Original post by Jammy Duel
variably, I imagine women find it more handy than men because quite a few places would accept just a straight uni card (or just accept your word that you're a student and/or have a NUS card). For example, the only time I really would use it is at the cinema, and they never as for it and would just accept my uni card anyway (and also accept out of date ones sometimes)

Thinking about it, they never do look at my card in detail; I guess they just see a card in one's hand, and assume it's the right kind/don't get paid enough to particularly care :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending