The Student Room Group

Annoying things other drivers do

As you know, there can be idiot drivers on the road.
When driving- what do other drivers do to annoy you? And why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Purposly try to block my motorbike when filtering.

Why - because I will inevitably get past anyway and it's more dangerous.
Reply 2
Exist.
Fail to signal is the WORST by far.
In second it has to be harsh braking (when needless).
Pretty pathetic but it REALLY annoys me when you let someone go/pull out and they don't thank you or even acknowledge you.

Same on foot. Rudeness in general irritates me so much. It's common courtesy -come on people!
Signalling incorrectly. One time someone (coming from my right towards the roundabout) was signalling to go left (from her point of view), I wanted to go right. I saw her indicators and thought it was safe, but she actually went straight over. I looked over and saw that she was on her mobile phone the whole time as well.

Oh, and people who drive irresponsibly and/or speed all the time, then moan about the government and/or speed cameras when they get caught. If you drive over the speed limit and get caught it is 100% your fault.

EDIT: Tailgating as well. I can drive at the speed limit and have some cretin (almost always in a BMW or Audi) right behind me or even overtaking me. I remember one driver was tailgating me in a 40 zone, I saw in my mirror that he was on his phone and had several kids in the car. He overtook me at speed when I was doing exactly 40.
(edited 9 years ago)
People using their mobiles whilst driving - if you wanna kill yourself, fine, but why risk other people's lives? If it's that important pull the hell over! I saw a woman with 3 kids in car seats using her phone at a roundabout. She should have lost her license for that.
Taxi drivers
They think they own the road and that the rules of the road dont apply to them.
Several times ive seen them pulling out in front of people, tailgating, driving whilst on their phone, going over red traffic lights etc.The amount of times ive had a taxi driver nearly cause an accident is unreal.
Its worst at night- my dad works nights and sees taxi drivers shocking driving even more at night, especially on his way home.
When cars stick out wide in the road when going through the village. Range Rovers, Land Rovers, X5s etc are great at it. They've made me curb my beautiful Rotas!
Reply 9
God where do I start lol! Van drivers who sit on my bumper even though I'm doing the speed limit, people who are turning right blocking junctions, had that this evening on my way home, too many cars trying to turn right, so that when its clear to make your turn, you can't because some douche is blocking you! Motorcyclists and cyclists who weave in and out of moving traffic, and people who get into the wrong lane at roundabouts, then try and cut you up :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where do I start...

I'll start off with one thing - when people in traffic keep stopping and then moving up a tad, then they stop and move up a tad again. It just annoys me, I know I don't necessarily have to follow them and move up but if they eventually create a decent space I feel bad not moving up as theres loads of traffic.

I also really hate people who think they own the roads and that other road users will make up for their mistakes. Like today when someone pulled out on me, there really is so need!

and people who use 'right turn' lanes then push into the straight ahead lane at the last second, wait your turn like everybody else has too!
snobby young women who think they are better than everyone because they can drive and speed
Original post by Emma:-)
As you know, there can be idiot drivers on the road.
When driving- what do other drivers do to annoy you? And why?

Mine: where to start -.-

- Take 20 minutes to try and get in a parking space that they CAN'T FIT IN!
- Stall... I know it's not their fault but I'm a "Quick off the lights driver" :eek:
- Stop in the middle of the road to talk to someone on the pavement :angry:
- Have any kind of mod on their cars, I know. Not technically a "driving offense" but if I didn't adore my ST I'd write their piece of **** Corsa making more noise than a Typhoon Jet off.....
- Talking on the phone, Luckily I have hands free built in but they aren't expensive, Common, nearly been written off twice because of dicks on their phones-.-
- PARKING LIKE A PRICK! How hard is it, really?

AND FINALLY!

CUTTING ME ****ING UP! WHY! JUST WHY! IT DOESN'T GET YOU ANYWHERE!!!!!! usually a van driver -.- In the end I boot it and overtake at the first available chance just to piss them off :smile: The joys of 140Bhp :smile:

I'm sure my "Speed and driving style" piss people off but it's a habit :frown: trying not to do it..... Anywhere there's mine..
Original post by BarBar-John
snobby young women who think they are better than everyone because they can drive and speed

Not just women to be fair
Original post by RFowler
Signalling incorrectly. One time someone (coming from my right towards the roundabout) was signalling to go left (from her point of view), I wanted to go right. I saw her indicators and thought it was safe, but she actually went straight over. I looked over and saw that she was on her mobile phone the whole time as well.

Oh, and people who drive irresponsibly and/or speed all the time, then moan about the government and/or speed cameras when they get caught. If you drive over the speed limit and get caught it is 100% your fault.

EDIT: Tailgating as well. I can drive at the speed limit and have some cretin (almost always in a BMW or Audi) right behind me or even overtaking me. I remember one driver was tailgating me in a 40 zone, I saw in my mirror that he was on his phone and had several kids in the car. He overtook me at speed when I was doing exactly 40.

Afraid I'm guilty of those last two, I do speed a fair bit, unconsciously.... Don't whinge about getting caught though, not that it happens very often... Don't tailgate although do on occasion overtake if there's a safe opportunity... Again the whole speed thing...
Original post by Ryan_Anthony_
Afraid I'm guilty of those last two, I do speed a fair bit, unconsciously.... Don't whinge about getting caught though, not that it happens very often... Don't tailgate although do on occasion overtake if there's a safe opportunity... Again the whole speed thing...

YOU'RE GUILTY?
YOU FRIKKIN *******. THIS THREAD WAS MADE TO SHAME ASSGOLES LIKE YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ryan_Anthony_
Mine: where to start -.-

- Take 20 minutes to try and get in a parking space that they CAN'T FIT IN!
- Stall... I know it's not their fault but I'm a "Quick off the lights driver" :eek:
- Stop in the middle of the road to talk to someone on the pavement :angry:
- Have any kind of mod on their cars, I know. Not technically a "driving offense" but if I didn't adore my ST I'd write their piece of **** Corsa making more noise than a Typhoon Jet off.....
- Talking on the phone, Luckily I have hands free built in but they aren't expensive, Common, nearly been written off twice because of dicks on their phones-.-
- PARKING LIKE A PRICK! How hard is it, really?

AND FINALLY!

CUTTING ME ****ING UP! WHY! JUST WHY! IT DOESN'T GET YOU ANYWHERE!!!!!! usually a van driver -.- In the end I boot it and overtake at the first available chance just to piss them off :smile: The joys of 140Bhp :smile:

I'm sure my "Speed and driving style" piss people off but it's a habit :frown: trying not to do it..... Anywhere there's mine..

Nothing worse than a car with a stupidly loud exhaust. But let's be honest, an ST isn't exactly a bugatti is it.
As a learner I'd have to say:

- not indicating at roundabouts
- people not being courteous to learner cars. On my last lesson I was indicating to come out of a road and turn left, just as I was turning some stupid woman decided to pull out from a shop car parking area without indicating, even though she could clearly see I was already turning. Had to break hard :angry:
Pulling out and tailgating are my 2 bugbears, they can be solved by an earful and a quick tap of the brakes
Can't believe nobody has said people sat in the middle lane on motorways!! I stick to the speed limit, but they are normally doing around 60 in the middle lane, meaning I have to go from the inside lane to the outside lane to overtake them. JUST MOVE IN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!! I much prefer driving in continental Europe as you don't have these idiots that can't seem to realise they need to be in the inside lane unless you are overtaking.

I live near the Hindhead tunnel (think it is currently the longest road tunnel in the UK), and for some reason people slow down to 50-60 mph on a dual carriageway as soon as they get to the tunnel. It is really weird! I have had BMW drivers sit on my tail on the approach to the tunnel, but then slow right down as soon as we get to it. Just to add, it is a national speed limit in the tunnel, so there isn't a reason for the slowing down. My exit is just after the tunnel going southbound, and I quite often get stuck behind a load of slow cars otherwise I miss the exit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending