The Student Room Group

Carphone warehouse interview tomorrow!

Hiya guys

Basically i have an interview at carphone warehouse tomorrow. Now the recruitment person i spoke to said i should read up on carphone warehouse or something before hand. Trouble is theres loads of price plans and deals and there is no way i can cover it all before the interview. My first question is has anyone on here had an interview with them and i you did what sorts of questions did you get? secondly should i bother learning the price plans now? they dont expect me to know em JUST yet do they?
Reply 1
iceman_jondoe
Hiya guys

Basically i have an interview at carphone warehouse tomorrow. Now the recruitment person i spoke to said i should read up on carphone warehouse or something before hand. Trouble is theres loads of price plans and deals and there is no way i can cover it all before the interview. My first question is has anyone on here had an interview with them and i you did what sorts of questions did you get? secondly should i bother learning the price plans now? they dont expect me to know em JUST yet do they?

No. no.

You need to learn about the COMPANY not the price plans.

See what they do in the market. Who their competitors are. Comment on their advertising (which is quite different, as it has a *no brand* phone in the ads, thus avoiding any brand association), look at what they do in your community, think about why you want to work for them (and NOT cos you want a job, why did you think "That's a great company, I'd like to work for them").

News - http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&q=Carphone%20Warehouse
i.e. you should ask them what effect the loss of the Vodaphone cotract will haev one them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carphone_Warehouse#

etc
thank you :smile:
Reply 3
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE how did it go????
Reply 4
*nudge*
o yeah i got the job started on monday i did so well at the interview that they put me in one of their BEST STORES :biggrin:. tbh i didnt need to do any preperation all they are looking to do is see if you can communicate well and sell i had to sell my mobile phone to him. erm just asked a few q's on histroy of carphone well one q "what do you know about the history" and...yeah just about my gap year was really easy. and the job is easy too apart from the long hours..its worth it though

Latest

Trending

Trending