The Student Room Group

Declaring grades?

I'm filling out my UCAS application and got to the education stage. I came over to the UK from an EU country at the age of 17 and started doing my A-levels over here straight away. It was a different schooling system, different language (though my English was good, I still had never studied any of my subjects in English before) and I didn't handle it well. I chose the most difficult subjects as well: chemistry, biology, physics and maths. Needless to say, I got all U's! Then went to repeat the year with slightly different subjects, did better but I was still very average. In the middle of my A2's I had money trouble and left school to go to work. After a few years of work life I'm now doing an Access course in science which is going MUCH better - I feel like this is the first time that I actually understand things that are taught. So, my question is, do I need to mention all of my A-level grades in my UCAS application? Will it affect the chances of me getting in, especially the four U's? My access course is going really well though, so far I've only got distinctions and merits.
Do you need to mention them? Yes

Will they harm you application? No

Ask your referee to explain that your A levels were taken straight after moving to the uk. Even if they don't your application will be judged on your access course.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you need to mention them? Yes

Will they harm you application? No

Ask your referee to explain that your A levels were taken straight after moving to the uk. Even if they don't your application will be judged on your access course.

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending