The Student Room Group

Is 6 years too much of a difference?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
too hard to ask someone to elaborate on something?

Too hard to use your own brain to know it will confuse people hence not getting the responds you're looking for/wanting?
Original post by Safiya122
Too hard to use your own brain to know it will confuse people hence not getting the responds you're looking for/wanting?

wasnt looking for any particular response but thanks for the concern :smile:
Original post by shawtyb
wasnt looking for any particular response but thanks for the concern :smile:

They wouldn't have been much use anyways
Original post by Safiya122
They wouldn't have been much use anyways

:wink:
Reply 24
6 years is illegal for a reason so yeah far too much.
Original post by Asurat
6 years is illegal for a reason so yeah far too much.

Agree with this ^^
If you need to ask, then the gap is too big. Break up, OP.
Is 18 and 25 ok? Or is it weird? I'm going to be a fresher next year at the age of 25, and I missed out on the whole dating and social scene when I was younger, so hoping that in addition to getting a good degree, I can have a good social and love life at Uni.
I'm 17 and my partner is 23. No, age is just a number. As long as you both get along well and feel strongly about one another, I don't see why age would be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you're too young to be getting in a relationship with someone that much older than you.

Imo, you should hang on and wait for someone else to come that's more your age.
16 and 22 is legally fine however as others have said, morally quite grey. If it's love fair enough.

I still remember when I was 15 and two friends dated guys who were 20/21 and both of those were real weirdo's. A third girl is still with the guy she met at that age and they are happy together and engaged. So easily could go either way.

Being 22 now I couldn't see myself getting into a relationship with a 16 year old. They are too young. But that's just a personal view. Screw other people and do what you want OP.
16 and 22!? When he could legally have sex, you were 10 years old, just think that through...
Reply 32
Original post by Afghan Warrior
I'm 17 and my partner is 23. No, age is just a number. As long as you both get along well and feel strongly about one another, I don't see why age would be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and the law of the land is just the law of the land. There's nothing illegal (as far as I'm aware) about having a non-sexual relationship with somebody who's older than you but age isn't just a number it has consequences on your or your partner's criminal record.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think 6 years is too much of an age gap? He's in his early twenties and I'm younger, it seems kind of wrong. Thanks in advance :smile:

That's illegal isn't it ?😂 it would be less weirder if you were older but you seem a bit too young for him :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
16&22 is a bit erm lol but see how it goes hun :smile:.
Reply 35
16yr olds are legally allowed to have sex if they choose and be married with their parents premission. It depends on the maturity of them both :smile:.
Personally, i wouldn't, you being a part of his 22 year old life would make you grow up hella fast, enjoy your youth, and maybe share it with someone with similar struggles (I.E your age)
Original post by Asurat
and the law of the land is just the law of the land. There's nothing illegal (as far as I'm aware) about having a non-sexual relationship with somebody who's older than you but age isn't just a number it has consequences on your or your partner's criminal record.

My rap sheet so long I could put out a album.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
16 and 22!? When he could legally have sex, you were 10 years old, just think that through...
And when you are 60, he will be 66. It works both ways.
Reply 39
Original post by Wimbs
And when you are 60, he will be 66. It works both ways.

No...It really doesn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending