The Student Room Group

distance makes the heart grow fonder...?

so basically I got really really close to this guy over the summer (not sexually close, just like we did a lot of stuff like going out and having a laugh) I saw him pretty much everyday and he sort of turned into one of my best friends in a very short space of time. But whenever he was drunk he would tell me how he loves me and has done for ages and all this, but i told him not to be silly cos we we were friends. I never fancied him.
But yeah, it was common knowledge that he really liked me but by the end of the summer i guess he had got over it a bit after getting to know me so well.

But now he has gone to uni and I am still here and I miss him so so so so much. And I'm getting all these feelings like I don't even know really. I cant tell if I do actually like him and the fact that hes not here is why Ive suddenly realised. But I dont know if when he comes back to visit or anything Ill actually fancy him. I might just miss him a lot and thats all, it might not be more than that, but without him here I cant tell. We've been writing each other letters and i sometimes get quite emotional in them like saying how much i miss him and how much i wish we could go back and stuff, but I dont want to lead him on if I dont actually fancy him.

ahhhh im so confuseddddd, anyone been in this situation? anyone got any ideas? (that dont involve actually telling him how I feel).
Reply 1
it sounds to me like you thought you didnt fancy him but deep down i think you are feeling an attraction towards him, well some kind of love for him anyway, wether or not its best friends love you feeling attracted to him. maybe you should look at a photo of him and see if you think hes good looking or even try imagining him naked or somthing sexual so you can see if you feel put off or you like it. if you feel put off then i think maybe you just miss him cause you had a very close relationship. but you never know when he comes back he might of changed and you might find you fancy the pants off of him. but if you do have a really really close relationship with him then why not ring him and see how speaking to him on the phone is? if you feel really nervous about phoning him then my guess is you like him. hope all this makes sense for you
Reply 2
Thread title question: At first but then eventually you'll forget about them. :smile:

In relation to the other questions, no and no.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 3
Distance does make the heart grow fonder. Because of the distance (3 hours by train), we only get to see each other every few weeks and when we do see each other, it's so special. And now we talk on the phone even more, every night for a few hours. Keep at it, if you're committed it will work.

Latest

Trending

Trending