The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
47 lines 3999. How awesome is that
Reply 61
I'm getting very paranoid reading this thread now, mine was only 3100 characters and 42 lines, I must not have said enough. Ah well, there is always nexst year to reapply after facing straight rejections...
Reply 62
3100 beats my 1900
Reply 63
TheOxe
3100 beats my 1900

1900! really!
Around 42/43 lines. I'm happy with it.
Nichrome
I'm getting very paranoid reading this thread now, mine was only 3100 characters and 42 lines, I must not have said enough. Ah well, there is always nexst year to reapply after facing straight rejections...

Its quality not quantity :smile:
Reply 66
mine was 47 lines on Microsoft Word and then i pasted it into the UCAS thing and it was 41 lines :eek:
Reply 67
Mine's 45 lines 3748 characters.
Mine is about 3980 charcters, although last year I was much more succinct at about 3000 characters.

Hi, well if you are applying through UCAS the page it electronically calculated so the limit there is 4000 characters INCLUDING SPACES. hope i was some help.
Reply 70
Mine has changed its now 3999 madness!!
I know everyone is sayining its not quantity its quality, yes you are true to a certain aspect, but if you dont write enough, you are stating to the admissions that you cant talk about yourself. some may a agree many will disagree:P
Reply 71
Word says mine is 3,998 characters, but after I pasted it into the UCAS field and clicked "save", it said it's 18 characters too long...?
Reply 72
lolsoap
Word says mine is 3,998 characters, but after I pasted it into the UCAS field and clicked "save", it said it's 18 characters too long...?

ucas does some different formatting to word tis y
Reply 73
Just now, it's 47 lines and 3,995 characters.
I only used 1 line. I said "I am the best there is out there" and I got offers from Nottingham, UEL, Greenwich, and London Met. I got tricked into going to UEL, lol.

The admissions were curious about why I am so bold in claiming to be the best, not one of the best. Bluffing seemed to catch admissions' attention.
Reply 75
BlufferIronfist
I only used 1 line. I said "I am the best there is out there" and I got offers from Nottingham, UEL, Greenwich, and London Met. I got tricked into going to UEL, lol.

The admissions were curious about why I am so bold in claiming to be the best, not one of the best. Bluffing seemed to catch admissions' attention.

Today I saw a giant pig fly through the sky, and it yelled to me and asked my friends and I if we wanted to go to space. Good stuff.

Mine was 3460 and I used up all the lines because I put spaces between each paragraph so that it looked nice :smile:
Mine is 47 lines and 3682 characters.
It's quality not quantity that matters. Admissions prefer reading short precise personal statements over lumps of paragraphs talking nonsense.

Latest