The Student Room Group

Realising Opportunities - anyone applied?

I applied for the Realising Opportunities access scheme a while ago and I'm awaiting a final decision on whether or not I got on it.

Has anyone else applied? Have you received a response? 19th December is the last day they'll be giving out decisions so keep it bookmarked!
Reply 1
Quick bump as we get closer to the deadline, still not heard anything back! :frown:
Reply 2
Did you get accepted?
Reply 3
Yup I did and it's been great so far! Did you apply?
Reply 4
Original post by Jalouise
Did you get accepted?

Reply 5
Original post by rich1334

Yup! I got accepted and going to York in 5 days woop xD
Reply 6
Yup! I got accepted and going to York in 5 days woop xD

Awesome I might see you there (although maybe not seeming as there's hundreds of us xD). You must be setting off early from London!?
Reply 7
Original post by rich1334
Awesome I might see you there (although maybe not seeming as there's hundreds of us xD). You must be setting off early from London!?

Haha! It'll take a while to get there form London so were leaving Friday and staying over at a hotel. Will it take you a while to get there?
Reply 8
Haha! It'll take a while to get there form London so were leaving Friday and staying over at a hotel. Will it take you a while to get there?

The bus will be leaving college at 8:15...except that I live in a completely different town to college so I'll have to catch two buses, the first one being at 6:43 </3
Reply 9
Am? Oh man, that's pretty early. Sucks to be you xD
Reply 10
Am? Oh man, that's pretty early. Sucks to be you xD

Sooooo, what did you think of the conference then? :biggrin:
Good I guess, the chocolate cookies were great xD I still don't know how the guest speaker did that hand trick thing...if you know then please enlighten me! The 7+ hour journey there was uh...something. The fair, pretty hectic and cramped but very informative.What did you think?
Reply 12
Good I guess, the chocolate cookies were great xD I still don't know how the guest speaker did that hand trick thing...if you know then please enlighten me! The 7+ hour journey there was uh...something. The fair, pretty hectic and cramped but very informative.What did you think?

THERE WERE CHOCOLATE COOKIES? :O I got some rubbish biscuit with fruit in it </3 and I didn't have a clue, nearly snapped my wrist trying :colondollar: Was a great day out! Will agree that the exhibition was so awfully cramped and warm, got my prospectuses and dashed out of there!
How did you apply? Do you have to apply through college and what if your college doesn't participate with realising opportunities?
Original post by chocolatelover99
How did you apply? Do you have to apply through college and what if your college doesn't participate with realising opportunities?

Hi!

So, I signed up with my Sixth form and I had to attend a meeting which gave me some information about what the programme was about. In the meeting I received a code/username which I used to access the apply section on the site.

I am not 100% sure but I think you do need to apply through your sixthform/college as it is a widening participation scheme. If you do feel that your college is eligible then inform them about the programme?

Just to confirm contact them! They are super friendly :smile:
I am presently a year 11 student. You have 2 be 16 to join the programme n I'm 16. Do I join in highschool or year 12
Original post by chocolatelover99
I am presently a year 11 student. You have 2 be 16 to join the programme n I'm 16. Do I join in highschool or year 12

You have to be in Year 12 to join the programme ><
What does realising opportunities actually give you ?
In my second year of RO currently, my host university is Goldsmiths

Quick Reply

Latest