The Student Room Group

ISIS killing Children for not converting to Islam

British 'Vicar of Baghdad' claims Isis beheaded four children for refusing to convert to Islam
‘Isis have beheaded four Christian children in Iraq for refusing to convert to Islam, a British vicar based in the country has claimed.
Canon Andrew White, who is known as the ‘vicar of Baghdad’, told Orthodox Christian Network that the killings happened in a Christian enclave close to Baghdad which has been taken over by Isis (formerly known as Islamic State).
He spoke of how Isis has “hounded” the Christians out of Iraq, and how “they killed in huge numbers, they chopped their children in half, they chopped their heads off, and they moved north and it was so terrible what happened”.’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/british-vicar-of-baghdad-claims-isis-beheaded-four-children-for-refusing-to-convert-to-islam-9911072.html

So very sickening that we have people from the UK not only supporting these groups but actively going to join them:mad:

Scroll to see replies

****ing disgusting
Amazes me that this is going on and we sit back with folded arms. Why does nobody seem bothered about the injustices going on all over the world just because it isn't happening to them? We are happy to look on with indifference, to turn a blind eye and say: "don't worry about them, they're not white, it happens all the time over there".

Also bothers me there are Christians in this country who will say "ISIS are oppressing Christians" - well yes they are and it is horrific BUT let's not forget the many non-Christians too.

And why did it take so long for mainstream media to pick up on ISIS? They only really bothered to show an interest when it was a US/UK victim being beheaded (which was dreadful) but when the Peshmerga were struggling to stop the advance of ISIS and hundreds of men, women and children left their homes nobody cared. These men, women and children - as in other humans - were up a hill starving to death and the rest of the world had no idea.
What about Islamophobia!?!?!

Please see my signature.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=57967

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - According to Canon Andrew White, Islamic State terrorists have beheaded a man's four children after they refused to convert to Islam.

Canon White's retelling of a man's account was released in the press on Dec. 9, and is chilling. It reveals the ruthlessness with which the Islamic State operates. Motivated by a simple directive, to convert people to Islam upon pain of death, the terrorists have rooted out Christians and other non-Muslims and given them a simple choice: convert or die.

The best response to evil is good. Do good by helping now.

White told the following story which is republished in Jihad Watch:

He spoke of how ISIS has "hounded" the Christians out of Iraq, and how "they killed in huge numbers, they chopped their children in half, they chopped their heads off, and they moved north and it was so terrible what happened".

He told the network that militants "came to one of our people the other day, one of the Christians".

"They said to one man, an adult, 'Either you say the words of conversion to Islam or we kill all your children'.

If anyone needed a reminded of just how brutal the Islamic State is, well, look no further. I'd also recommend watching the video in the link. It features a 19 year old Kurdish girl who has taken up arms against IS, and who casually bumped into her father on the battlefield recently- as you do!
My disgust for Islam just reached another level (again).
Reply 6
Buh Islam is religionz ov peece doe..
It makes me feel that Waterboarding is OK.
Christians used to do this
Original post by the bear
It makes me feel that Waterboarding is OK.

Nah they both suck. Only difference is Americans can't stop being Americans

Original post by redeleven
Christians used to do this

Score 2 atheism
I always find it interesting that so many people worldwide, today and throughout history, would willingly choose a torturous death in the most brutal manner possible rather than convert to Islam. That speaks volumes about Islam on its own. How do you get to a point where being beheaded is the more pleasant option?
Although this sickens me and I am strongly against extreme manifestations of Islam I am a little sick of TSRs constant Islamophobia, acting like other religions are faultless and always the victims.

Gonna leave this here to that end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8657475/Norway-killings-The-laughing-gunman-who-shot-85-young-victims-one-by-one.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/26/anders-breivik-christian-terrorist_n_910379.html

Note that one of the main motivators here is actually Islamophobia, calling for it's removal.

Just one example of a fairly recent massacre.
Reply 12

That web page exists purely as a means of getting people to give money to a California based organisation.

In the middle was a link "The best response to evil is good. Do good by helping now"

That takes you to a web page talking about how the best way to help is by giving money directly to the "Chaldean Diocese of St. Peter the Apostle".

That is an organisation based in California. NOT the Middle East.

It does have missions with missionaries. Two in California and one in Arizona.

That is how "Christian" the web site is that is the "source" of this "news". They are parasitic money beggars scrounging from the world to give to the world's richest people.
Reply 13
As for the "news story", in what town? When? Name of the source?

It's unidentifiable - and probably all lies.
Original post by navarre
http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=57967

If anyone needed a reminded of just how brutal the Islamic State is, well, look no further. I'd also recommend watching the video in the link. It features a 19 year old Kurdish girl who has taken up arms against IS, and who casually bumped into her father on the battlefield recently- as you do!

Knowing how barbaric isis are, and their capabilities.
But in this case I don't buy this news, and I would have bought it if it wasn't for this bit of info:
''You say the words that you will follow Mohammed''
You don't right a wrong by spreading lies!!
Why is this in the 'religion' section, it should be under 'news and current affairs', then again the sources hardly make it reliable news.,
Reply 16
Original post by Indian_Princess
Why is this in the 'religion' section, it should be under 'news and current affairs', then again the sources hardly make it reliable news.,
It belongs under "fraudulent drivel with added hate-mongery".
Qur'an 2:256
"There shall be no compulsion in acceptance of the religion"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iridann
Although this sickens me and I am strongly against extreme manifestations of Islam I am a little sick of TSRs constant Islamophobia, acting like other religions are faultless and always the victims.

Gonna leave this here to that end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8657475/Norway-killings-The-laughing-gunman-who-shot-85-young-victims-one-by-one.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/26/anders-breivik-christian-terrorist_n_910379.html

Note that one of the main motivators here is actually Islamophobia, calling for it's removal.

Just one example of a fairly recent massacre.

That would be a good point, were it not for the fact that there are far more killings by extremist Muslims than there are by extremist Christians.

Also worth noting that hatred of Islam isn't solely due to extremism, but also due to bigoted views (homophobia), reactionary practices (killing of apostates and stoning of adulterers), fanatical response to criticism and mockery (British Council of Muslims calling for murder of Rushdie for writing a book) and questionable passages of scripture (Muhammad marrying a 6 year old and sleeping with a 9 year old).

Finally worth noting that islamophobia, far from being ignorant and prejudiced, is actually quite a logical and reasonable view.
Reply 19
Oh, and the image of the crying man on that web page appears hundreds of times online (try a Google image search). Most commonly, it is put against stories about Gaza; photo libraries tag it as a man in Gaza. So it's possibly a Muslim victim of Isaeli aggression rather than a Christian victim of Muslim aggression.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending