The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

2015 Food Science Applicants

Has anyone else applied for Food Science with Business? :smile: Feel like I'm the only one:confused:
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mntoco1
Has anyone else applied for Food Science with Business? :smile: Feel like I'm the only one:confused:

Hi, I have applied for Food Sci w/ Industrial Training as well as Food Tech and Bioprocessing. Have you got an interview or any ideas of what they are like? As mine is in a month and I have no clue what to expect :s-smilie:
I've applied for food science with Nutrition at Reading! Got my interview in a couple of weeks - extremely nervous and don't really know what to expect!!
Reply 4
I had my interview on Wednesday, it is mostly discussing current food news and what kind of person you are! All the staff are really lovely and show you around the university 😊
Original post by mntoco1
I had my interview on Wednesday, it is mostly discussing current food news and what kind of person you are! All the staff are really lovely and show you around the university ������

What do you want to do after the degree? In general the food industry is pretty grim.
Reply 6
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
What do you want to do after the degree? In general the food industry is pretty grim.

Hopefully product development 😊
Original post by mntoco1
Hopefully product development ������

You will need to get into a really good company such as Sainsburys or Nestle. Otherwise you won't like it I imagine. Only about 7% of the famous brands make up the food industry. Reading graduates are amongst the most sought after though. Experience via a sandwich placement is critical. On the whole there are more bad companies than good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending