The Student Room Group

UCAS and Blog

Hey everyone,

I'm applying through UCAS and I wanted to mention the fact that I have a blog, but where should I put the link? In the personal statement?
Thanks a lot for your help!
do not put a link in your personal statement.
i repeat, do not put a link your personal statement.
they really don't care and wont be bothered type it into a url and check. Admission tutors go through hundreds of personal statements per day, they skim read and they certainly dont like people putting in urls because its a waste of their time to expect them to go to your blog. plus its a waste of characters.
When admission tutors read personal statements, they read them printed out on A4 paper. it wont be on a computer where they can just click the link. and even it was they most likely wouldnt.

If you feel that mentioning your blog is really important then just put the title of the blog and a few sentences about what the blog is for, the kinds of things you post, what you use it for etc. For example 'Since 2010 I have run my own online poetry blog called Cephissus where I publish original poetry such and such...and discuss such and such.

If you just say 'I have a so and so blog' and put in the link, they really wont care enough to copy and paste the link.
Reply 2
Original post by insert-username
do not put a link in your personal statement.
i repeat, do not put a link your personal statement.
they really don't care and wont be bothered type it into a url and check. Admission tutors go through hundreds of personal statements per day, they skim read and they certainly dont like people putting in urls because its a waste of their time to expect them to go to your blog. plus its a waste of characters.
When admission tutors read personal statements, they read them printed out on A4 paper. it wont be on a computer where they can just click the link. and even it was they most likely wouldnt.

If you feel that mentioning your blog is really important then just put the title of the blog and a few sentences about what the blog is for, the kinds of things you post, what you use it for etc. For example 'Since 2010 I have run my own online poetry blog called Cephissus where I publish original poetry such and such...and discuss such and such.

If you just say 'I have a so and so blog' and put in the link, they really wont care enough to copy and paste the link.

Alright thanks a lot :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending