The Student Room Group

Boyfriend spending Christmas with me for first time!

Hey everyone!

So I was wondering what people thought about with this. My boyfriend might be spending Christmas with my family for the first time ever in our relationship (3 years) because he's having to work in Glasgow over the Christmas period and his family is based in Aberdeen. I'm conflicted I feel really guilty about persuading him to stay with me rather than trying to get the time off work and go home but we've never had Christmas and even when we're apart we used to be studying over the Christmas period so we couldn't even chill out (we're both recent grads so no more studying).

So what I'm asking is, do any of you feel the same way about persuading your other half to spend Christmas with you and not their family?

I'm also worried as I wouldn't want to spend Christmas with his family as I feel they're just a bit too different to myself and I know this is nasty but hey ho. Anyone else been in this situation?

Also any tips on helping him not miss his traditions that his family will have? I've asked my mum to cook certain things and we're going to have our own mini Christmas dinner the two of us with all our favourite foods. Any help here?

Sorry this was rambley :tongue:

TL;DR Should I feel guilty about boyfriend spending Christmas with my family rather than his own?
He might not mind. I know personally I'm not that fussed about Christmas, as long as I'm with people important to me and we do a few festive things, I don't make a big deal of it. Just talk to him about it, seems like he's happy to do it.
I mean, after 3 years it shouldn't be a big deal to spend Xmas together. I don't think he'll mind being anyway - maybe he would like to be invited! Maybe Xmas is a big deal to you guys but not me personally. My boyfriend and I are spending our first Xmas together at my house this year too and we've only been going out for 8 months. But I wouldn't mind if it were at his either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending