The Student Room Group

Why have i been referred to an occupational psychologist?

Hi All,

I am wondering whether anyone can help me on why my GP has decided to organise for me to see an Occupational Psychologist in the practice?

It will be my first appointment which I presume is an Assessment.

I did not ask for this to be organised or set up, nor a referral. (I do not think it is a referral as it is organised as an appointment in the practice, they last over 45 minutes)

What happens next? What are the stages? Is it a good or bad thing? I have not agreed to anything, but when I sign into my online booking account page, I can see 'Liase with ST drs' whatever that means.

I have had problems in my employment whereby I had a Hearing but received a written warning instead. I also have a parent who is ill so occasionally I have caring responsibilities but I do not claim benefits or anything as such for this.

Please help as this is confusing me highly.
Many Thanks
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Without more details than you've provided here, it's impossible to say why you might have been referred to the occupational psychologist. It's not usually anything to worry about, however. I am disabled and have had occupational health appointments prior to starting most of my jobs just so that they could discuss how best to support me in the workplace, any adaptations I might need, and so on. If people are under a lot of pressure from outside that might affect their work (caring responsibilities, etc) they might also be given an appointment with an occ. psych.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending