The Student Room Group

S2 or M1?

I'm currently in A2 and for the autumn term I had a **** teacher who taught me M1, I'm not sure if I should redo M1 next (spring) term as I didn't fully understand it, but I've already learnt bits of it or if I should start from scratch and learn S2 as my last module. I find M1 O K A Y, a bit difficult and I heard S2 is ridiculously easy, but I'm not sure if I should bother learning something completely new??
Reply 1
I don't think you should learn s2 because even if it is easy it's new you can work really hard for m1 and do all past papers and stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Do03
I'm currently in A2 and for the autumn term I had a **** teacher who taught me M1, I'm not sure if I should redo M1 next (spring) term as I didn't fully understand it, but I've already learnt bits of it or if I should start from scratch and learn S2 as my last module. I find M1 O K A Y, a bit difficult and I heard S2 is ridiculously easy, but I'm not sure if I should bother learning something completely new??

I think I know where you're coming from, some of the things in M1 are very new and difficult to understand conceptually (I definitely wouldn't have understood it without a teacher). If you think you'll have a reasonable chance of being able to understand these things, I think redoing M1 is the preferable option because regardless of how easy S2 is (I don't know, I've not done it), I doubt learning an entire new unit is easier than revising an old one.
im not sure if s2 is the exam that i did, but it was piss easy lol. learned that **** in 4 days and got 75 ums in it (mid b)
M1.
Reply 5
Original post by Ruxy
I don't think you should learn s2 because even if it is easy it's new you can work really hard for m1 and do all past papers and stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm just scared from all the people who've done badly in M1, so I'm not really sure, especially as everyone in my class has done physics/M1 before.
Reply 6
Original post by H.Ibrahim
M1.

Elaboration?
Reply 7
Original post by gonnagetrejected
im not sure if s2 is the exam that i did, but it was piss easy lol. learned that **** in 4 days and got 75 ums in it (mid b)

Yeah everyone has said it's ridiculously easy, but again, I'm not sure if I'm bothered to do S2 as it will also mess up my timetable :/
Original post by Do03

M1.
Reply 9
Original post by Incubator
M1.

Why?
Original post by Do03
Why?

It's easier and more fun to learn imo.
If you do physics, m1 shouldn't be difficult at all. If you don't, do s2. It's awesome. It's actually easier than s1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by sellerofdreams
If you do physics, m1 shouldn't be difficult at all. If you don't, do s2. It's awesome. It's actually easier than s1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard S2 has a lot of normal distribution which was my worst topic in S1? I don't take physics :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Chlorophile
I think I know where you're coming from, some of the things in M1 are very new and difficult to understand conceptually (I definitely wouldn't have understood it without a teacher). If you think you'll have a reasonable chance of being able to understand these things, I think redoing M1 is the preferable option because regardless of how easy S2 is (I don't know, I've not done it), I doubt learning an entire new unit is easier than revising an old one.

Yeah I am quite wary of having to learn something completely new, and yeah definitely, the concepts in M1 are new and unfamiliar and frankly difficult. Not sure :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending