The Student Room Group

London v New York v San Francisco

How do these cities compare (not just for tourists, but those who want to live there)? :biggrin:
Reply 1
For tourism id say NY>SFO>London...

Living..well living in the USA has got to be better than living in the UK
For people who want to live there, the 'best' (in terms of cheap prices) would be San Francisco, then New York then London.

In terms of quality of life, London, San Francisco then New York.

(I don't know why people have this idea that the US is really glamorous and so much better than the UK, when a lot of the time that's not even true...)
Original post by Morrisseya
How do these cities compare (not just for tourists, but those who want to live there)? :biggrin:

Never been to SF. I love New York (touristy) and trying to sort accommodation out to live there as a student was ridiculous. The price per semester was double what I was paying in the UK for the entire year. Yes its NYC with a higher cost of living, but it was ridiculous for me.

I like the American way of life but its far from ideal to live there (for me anyway).
Having lived in all 3,

London > NYC > SF

SF is actually a very distant 3rd and cities like Toronto, Portland, Paris, Montreal (to name a few) would all rank higher. By far my favourite city to live would be Lisbon
Reply 5
Original post by crazycanuck
Having lived in all 3,

London > NYC > SF

SF is actually a very distant 3rd and cities like Toronto, Portland, Paris, Montreal (to name a few) would all rank higher. By far my favourite city to live would be Lisbon

Why in that order? :smile:
Original post by Morrisseya
Why in that order? :smile:

formula is:

(the vibe) - (crime rates) + (green space) + (airport links) + (liveability)

Quick Reply

Latest