The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

;rant;
Reply 2
Why only 5? We know nothing else about you so how are we supposed to know? They are all AAA bar KCL you should have another AAB/ABB choice
Reply 3
x Sara
;rant;

Why post twice?
sorry that was a mistake lol
Reply 5
x Sara
;rant;

did i miss somthing y the rant?smiley thingy
also errmm what else can i tell u, im preety academic hav law experiance have lots of extra cricullar stuff, my backup it city, all im asking is from the sounds of me on paper do i have a chance at these really good uni's?
Reply 6
WhatYouGot
also errmm what else can i tell u, im preety academic hav law experiance have lots of extra cricullar stuff, my backup it city, all im asking is from the sounds of me on paper do i have a chance at these really good uni's?

What were your GCSE results and high were your AS UMS scores?
maybe you'll find the answer in the identical thread you made already http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=271515
Reply 8
WhatYouGot

No. You have to have 10 A*s at A level and be involved in the development of the first tourist space shuttle.
It doesn't depend on your UMS scores... why would that be relevant, the unis dont get them.
Reply 10
Lewis-HuStuJCR
It doesn't depend on your UMS scores... why would that be relevant, the unis dont get them.

Yes but if they are particuarly good your referee can mention them in the reference. It certainly helps.
I would be annoyed if they were mentioned in my reference personally, because it just looks like ur nitpicking in an attempt to single yourself out because you have nothing else to offer, an A is an A...
Reply 12
Lewis-HuStuJCR
an A is an A...

Not when virtually all of the other applicants also have A grades. Four A grades of 270+ will undoubtedly go in your favour against someone who just scraped A grades in their subjects. Most good Law schools select on academic ability alone. I'm sure many would prefer to hear of your excellent UMS scores than how you have "contributed to the school community" by being a prefect.
Reply 13
Well I would say something, but then look at my choices lol
Reply 14
And so it begins again...
Reply 15
any reason why you're not applying to Durham?
6+6=6
any reason why you're not applying to Durham?

Sucks. Can be the only reason. :p:
Reply 17
superdillon
Sucks. Can be the only reason. :p:

I should be offended, but something tells me you have no experience in the matter.
6+6=6
I should be offended, but something tells me you have no experience in the matter.

Well, I guess I don't :p:
I visited Durham when I was applying to unis a couple of years ago and I thought that for a leading university it had a shocking amount of disrepair to its buildings. The library was absolutely terrible- nobody seemed comfortable and so how were they supposed to work there.
I didn't react favourably to Durham as a whole either and didn't like the thought of living there at all.
At the time I applied it was 3rd in uni rankings after the Oxbridge unis, since then it seems it has slipped and slipped.
Reply 19
superdillon
Well, I guess I don't :p:
I visited Durham when I was applying to unis a couple of years ago and I thought that for a leading university it had a shocking amount of disrepair to its buildings. The library was absolutely terrible- nobody seemed comfortable and so how were they supposed to work there.
I didn't react favourably to Durham as a whole either and didn't like the thought of living there at all.
At the time I applied it was 3rd in uni rankings after the Oxbridge unis, since then it seems it has slipped and slipped.

That may be because they have started including more criteria in the rankings. OR it may be because the rankings are *******s anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending