The Student Room Group

Going to a gig alone?

I really want to see Ben Howard but nobody else wants to go with me, people say that you shouldn't go alone but I really want to take the chance to see him live. Opinions?
Most people don't care. I tend to go to gigs alone, because I can't find someone to drag along with me...
Reply 2
I'd rather go to gigs alone than go with someone who won't appreciate the performance as much as you would.

Edit: Besides, you can always make concert buddies at the gig itself!
Reply 3
Original post by annah182
I really want to see Ben Howard but nobody else wants to go with me, people say that you shouldn't go alone but I really want to take the chance to see him live. Opinions?

I've been to concerts on my own and it turns out quite fun actually, I danced all night with some girl and then when it finished I asked for her number but it turned out she was a lesbian :nooo:

No one really cares if you're alone
I go to see bands by myself a lot, even since I was 13 or so, there's nothing wrong with it :smile:
I've done that twice! I make friends there
Reply 6
I've been to raves on my own, chances are you'll end up chatting with and making friends with the people around you.
I've done it a couple of times, kinda sucks before and inbetween sets but during performances it's fine
It's better to go on your own, then you can fully immerse yourself in the performance without having to worry about what anybody else is doing.
Yeah going gigs alone is fun if no one else wants to go

as peeps have already said you'll meet like-minded people, if not, you and the music can chill together :smile:
They're all right. ^^ DO IT! Have a good time! :wink:
No one I know likes the music I like, so I end up going to lots of gigs alone. It's not scary or intimidating once you've done it once and sometimes you end up meeting great people!

I say definitely go, you'll only regret it otherwise!
Reply 12
Do it!
Reply 13
Im going solo to this one too, we can meet there!
Original post by annah182

If this even factors in your decision making process you clearly don't like the band enough.

Try waiting from 7am in the morning alone in a country you don't speak the language for your favourite band's reunion show...
You might as well be alone at a gig anyway if you're planning on standing anywhere near the stage

Quick Reply

Latest