The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Will York even give me an offer?

I really want to go to York to study Human Geography and Environment but they seem to have quite strict entry requirements and my AS results are really poor:

Geography: B
Psychology: C
Biology: E
Physics: U

At A2 I am doing Geography, Psychology and Sociology and I am predicted ABB (which is York's entry requirements) Should I apply or should I pick a uni with lower requirements?
Original post by GeographyGirl97
I really want to go to York to study Human Geography and Environment but they seem to have quite strict entry requirements and my AS results are really poor:

Geography: B
Psychology: C
Biology: E
Physics: U

At A2 I am doing Geography, Psychology and Sociology and I am predicted ABB (which is York's entry requirements) Should I apply or should I pick a uni with lower requirements?

If you're interested in York and are predicted ABB, I'd advise you to go for it.
If you feel you can achieve it there's no reason not to, I was predicted ABB at A Level and that was my offer from York for Electronic Engineering, I didn't actually meet my offer and got ACC but I was accepted anyway.

As for whether they'll give you the offer with your current grades, they may well do - after all they really care about what you have at the end of your A2s not at AS. If you have an interview be prepared to tell them what you'll do differently this year to push your grades up to the level they expect, just talking about time management and improving my planning seemed to impress during my interview - going into an interview prepared to talk about how you'll improve on last year will put you in a good position

How strict they are does depend on the popularity of the course, I know nothing about your course but mine was fairly lenient as the engineering field as a whole is under-subscribed. My personal statement was well received and my interview went well too, which no doubt helped also.
(edited 9 years ago)
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending