The Student Room Group

A level exam tips?

I'm doing biology AS and A2 and chemistry AS and A2 at the same time and maths A2 so i'll have 12 exams in June any advice on revision i've started writiong up notes for my A2's and I think I already have some notes for AS but I need to learn quite alot of basic stuff to help me do much better in A2 maths which i'll do over the holidays any advice on have I should manage my time and have to spread out my revision so I can do the best I can in each exam. I was thinking get my notes done before 20th Feb and then have 1.5 months of revision and 1.5 months of past papers and i really need to ask my teachers for help in class more because I never do any advice is appreciated Good luck to you all with your studies :smile:
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Reply 2
Bump :smile:
Original post by Awais117
I'm doing biology AS and A2 and chemistry AS and A2 at the same time and maths A2 so i'll have 12 exams in June any advice on revision i've started writiong up notes for my A2's and I think I already have some notes for AS but I need to learn quite alot of basic stuff to help me do much better in A2 maths which i'll do over the holidays any advice on have I should manage my time and have to spread out my revision so I can do the best I can in each exam. I was thinking get my notes done before 20th Feb and then have 1.5 months of revision and 1.5 months of past papers and i really need to ask my teachers for help in class more because I never do any advice is appreciated Good luck to you all with your studies :smile:

Goodness there tough😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by _Charlotte15
Goodness there tough������

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, but I guess there doable like any subject just takes time to get used to them :smile:
Yep, but I guess there doable like any subject just takes time to get used to them :smile:

And I thought I had it hard at GCSE haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Study hard from now until the exam. Make a revision timetable (albeit I struggle to stick to them), make notes and do summary/end of chapter question for bio, chem and mixed exercise/test yourself Q's on maths. Then slowly ease your way into Past Paper questions and any you get wrong try and find out: why you got it wrong, and how to fix it. Ask your teacher they are there to help you! Keep this up until you get 100% on all your exams.

Best tip: ​Study.
Reply 7
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Study hard from now until the exam. Make a revision timetable (albeit I struggle to stick to them), make notes and do summary/end of chapter question for bio, chem and mixed exercise/test yourself Q's on maths. Then slowly ease your way into Past Paper questions and any you get wrong try and find out: why you got it wrong, and how to fix it. Ask your teacher they are there to help you! Keep this up until you get 100% on all your exams.

Best tip: ​Study.
I dont know how much I'll need to do each day also how to keep all the info in my long term memory so I still remember everything when it comes to the exams any tips?
I dont know how much I'll need to do each day also how to keep all the info in my long term memory so I still remember everything when it comes to the exams any tips?

In your case do 4 hours, then around Feb time try and strive for 6 hours, since your taking so many exams, but in reality it depends. You might take 1 minute to grasp something and another person an hour so putting a time on it isn't that accurate.
Reply 9
Original post by H.Ibrahim
In your case do 4 hours, then around Feb time try and strive for 6 hours, since your taking so many exams, but in reality it depends. You might take 1 minute to grasp something and another person an hour so putting a time on it isn't that accurate.

so in these hours should I first make notes on everything then memorize everything then do loads of past papers.
so in these hours should I first make notes on everything then memorize everything then do loads of past papers.

1) Learn a topic, make notes, diagrams, etc.
2) Reinforce it by re-writing notes, teach (best way to retain information), etc.
3) Try Q's on the textbook provided, mixed exercise, end of unit/chapter Q's.
Once you're happy,
4) Try past paper Q's on that topic until you are confident.

Once you finished the unit, just do loads of PP until you learn model answers and the way they want you to answer Q's.
Hope that helped.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest