The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by caitlin_emmi
I've had a conditional offer to study Bsc Geography (F800)

Well done! Is Aberystwyth your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by JDaveOH
Well done! Is Aberystwyth your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's the only university I applied to
Reply 22
Original post by caitlin_emmi
Yeah it's the only university I applied to

I don't blame you, Aber is amazing! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received an offer from aber to study undergraduate psychology, I was lucky enough to receive an offer only a day after applying through UCAS! I'm 99% sure I'll be placing it as my firm :smile: I'm off for a visit next week which I am really looking forward to.. However the 4 and a half hours drive there isn't so appealing :wink:

In terms of accommodation I am really hoping for Fferm Penglais, the new build, as it looks amazing! Just hoping that they'll have enough rooms available as it's the only one that really appeals to me if I'm honest.

How many of you are going to be taking the entrance exams? I am seriously considering it but I'm just concerned about fitting in the extra study time with my already packed schedule, I'm also struggling on what subjects I will be taking the exams in, I know for certain that I would do the psychology one but it's a tough choice deciding on a second.

Anyways; congrats to those of you who have already received an offer, hope to see you all next autumn, and good luck to those yet to receive an offer. Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a fab new year :smile:
Original post by erinaceousxo
I have received an offer from aber to study undergraduate psychology, I was lucky enough to receive an offer only a day after applying through UCAS! I'm 99% sure I'll be placing it as my firm :smile: I'm off for a visit next week which I am really looking forward to.. However the 4 and a half hours drive there isn't so appealing :wink:

In terms of accommodation I am really hoping for Fferm Penglais, the new build, as it looks amazing! Just hoping that they'll have enough rooms available as it's the only one that really appeals to me if I'm honest.

How many of you are going to be taking the entrance exams? I am seriously considering it but I'm just concerned about fitting in the extra study time with my already packed schedule, I'm also struggling on what subjects I will be taking the exams in, I know for certain that I would do the psychology one but it's a tough choice deciding on a second.

Anyways; congrats to those of you who have already received an offer, hope to see you all next autumn, and good luck to those yet to receive an offer. Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a fab new year :smile:

Congrats that's awesome! :biggrin: I think I am going to put it as my firm too! - my offer is for human geography :smile:
I am also looking at the new accommodation, it looks so nice! I also really like the sea front accommodation though! :smile: I'm thinking about doing the entrance exam too, human geography then probably European/ American history :smile:
Marry Christmas to you too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25

Ahh, brilliant! I got my offer very quickly too. Such a good feeling. I'm going to visit Aber again in February for the applicants visit day even though I already went for the September open day and have already firmed my unconditional offer :biggrin: It's also a 4 - 5 hour drive for me too - I'm just glad I enjoy driving! :smile:

Fferm Penglais does look amazing, but at the same time it's pretty expensive. I will still be thinking about choosing it though.

Good luck to you and all the others if you do decide to take the entrance exams - and also good luck to those of you who have got your A level exams to get through.

Hope you have also had a brilliant Christmas and will go on to have a wonderful new year and an awesome 2015!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a 3rd year in Aberystwyth and have absolutely loved living here; any questions, fire away! :biggrin:

I'm currently living on seafront, though lived in Cwrt Mawr in 1st year which I would argue was the best halls! We had great banter with Rosser who were known as the "Rosser Tossers" because of their en-suites!

PJM is also good accommodation, but it kind of has its own little community and isn't as connected with Cwrt Mawr, Rosser and Penbryn.

You see the best sunsets in Aber, arguably my favourite aspect! - they're amazing.

Congratulations with all of your offers!
Reply 27
Original post by BethhPhill
I'm a 3rd year in Aberystwyth and have absolutely loved living here; any questions, fire away! :biggrin:

I'm currently living on seafront, though lived in Cwrt Mawr in 1st year which I would argue was the best halls! We had great banter with Rosser who were known as the "Rosser Tossers" because of their en-suites!

PJM is also good accommodation, but it kind of has its own little community and isn't as connected with Cwrt Mawr, Rosser and Penbryn.

You see the best sunsets in Aber, arguably my favourite aspect! - they're amazing.

Congratulations with all of your offers!

Ah thank you, that's kind!

Aberystwyth is such a beautiful place, I'm so excited to go - even just for the visit day in February!
I visited yesterday and although I was unable to have a proper look at the uni itself, I fell in love with the town! 100 % setting aber as my firm and super excited to do so! :')
Reply 29
I visited yesterday and although I was unable to have a proper look at the uni itself, I fell in love with the town! 100 % setting aber as my firm and super excited to do so! :')

Yesssss! Good choice!

Feels weird being able to say this to a stranger but I will most likely see you sometime beginning next September!

Good luck with exams. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JDaveOH
Yesssss! Good choice!

Feels weird being able to say this to a stranger but I will most likely see you sometime beginning next September!

Good luck with exams. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So strange! Thanks; you too :smile:

You're doing Biochemistry, right? Well if you happen to meet a Kloee from Psychology whilst you're there, that's me! Haha :smile:
Reply 31
So strange! Thanks; you too :smile:

You're doing Biochemistry, right? Well if you happen to meet a Kloee from Psychology whilst you're there, that's me! Haha :smile:

Thankfully I don't have exams to do. Already done them! :P

Indeed, Biochemistry for me. Aha okay, I'll keep that in mind. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JDaveOH
Ah thank you, that's kind!

Aberystwyth is such a beautiful place, I'm so excited to go - even just for the visit day in February!

No problem!

No, I definitely get what you mean! As soon as I arrived on my first open day I just fell in love with the place. I just knew straight away I'd feel happy living there, and it hasn't disappointed! :biggrin:

I'm a student ambassador on Visiting Days this year! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by BethhPhill
No problem!

No, I definitely get what you mean! As soon as I arrived on my first open day I just fell in love with the place. I just knew straight away I'd feel happy living there, and it hasn't disappointed! :biggrin:

I'm a student ambassador on Visiting Days this year! :smile:

Gonna have to get a good picture of the town from the top of constitution hill. I missed doing that on the open day last time!

Ah, that's great!

I was just wondering, how did you break the ice with your new flatmates/housemates at Aber? I think I have a plan when it comes around but any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JDaveOH
Gonna have to get a good picture of the town from the top of constitution hill. I missed doing that on the open day last time!

Ah, that's great!

I was just wondering, how did you break the ice with your new flatmates/housemates at Aber? I think I have a plan when it comes around but any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I've seen other people's pictures and the view is beautiful! I'm going back for the visit day in March :smile:
I plan to make cake to try and break the ice - haha hopefully it will work! ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudentAnon1

I plan to make cake
Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to be your flatmate lol :colone:
Reply 36
Original post by StudentAnon1
Me too, I've seen other people's pictures and the view is beautiful! I'm going back for the visit day in March :smile:
I plan to make cake to try and break the ice - haha hopefully it will work! ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant. Enjoy your visit!

Genius hah! I was thinking of putting a sign up on my door during moving in / freshers weekend with my name and something along the lines of 'Please feel free to introduce yourself'. Also going round with bought sweets/cake etc or baked and introducing myself . Hopefully that would work.

Original post by BBrotherwood
I want to be your flatmate lol :colone:

Agreed, if you would do that then please be my flatmate too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JDaveOH

Ah, that's great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a very in your face character and we still laugh about my introduction today. I literally popped my head out of my door to greet my new neighbour and shouted 'HI IM BETHAN' haha.
Nights out are good. You'll find that Freshers' Week is a good time to get to know them all. You just have to remember that everyone is in the same boat. I'd just recommend that you don't be shy. Put yourself out there a little bit :smile:.
But also remember that some people in uni will get on really well wit flatmates, whereas others may get on better with course friends etc. so it's an exciting time as you don't know how it'll pan out!
I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile: and yeah constitution hill is lush!

Posted from TSR Mobile
About to drop in my UCAS within the next few days to study Mathematics.. any other potential mathmos? :P

I've had a history of depression messing up my grades so I'm hoping to take the Entrance Exam to showoff my potential! Hopefully they don't make a decision until I sit the exam! Anyone else looking to take the Maths exams?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SamKeene
About to drop in my UCAS within the next few days to study Mathematics.. any other potential mathmos? :P

I've had a history of depression messing up my grades so I'm hoping to take the Entrance Exam to showoff my potential! Hopefully they don't make a decision until I sit the exam! Anyone else looking to take the Maths exams?

Hi, I'm going to be doing geography but my boyfriend is hoping to study maths and physics, he's not doing the entrance exams though because when we were at the open day the staff were saying that even if you don't get the grades you need they will look into your personal statement etc and try and offer you a place so don't worry about it

Quick Reply

Latest