The Student Room Group

Physical attraction

I can't remember the last time I've been physically attracted to a guy from the moment I've laid eyes on him. When I'm with my friends sometimes they'll mention a hot guy across the room and this is never the case with me. When I'm asked if any guys have caught my eye, my usual answer is no. For a long time I felt like I was the odd one out. I tend to gradually feel attracted to guys once I spend time getting to know them.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
Me too, it's too easy to be interested in someone without the other person being interested in you
Nah, I regularly fall in love with strangers. They're usually blonde as well. :lol:
Reply 3
Yeah, I hear you. Some of my friends will stalk people an Facebook, saying how they look so good in their photos etc etc but I never really notice people that much myself. I think some people are just a little more highly 'sexualised' than others
i'm the same, i just see people, i notice when people are good looking but it doesn't make me have some kind of crush on them. even if someone is cool, if i havent bonded with them myself, i rarely care for them.
At least you can't be called superficial :smile:
Original post by jaffacake111
At least you can't be called superficial :smile:
It's not really being superficial being physically attracted to someone at first sight.
Original post by Multitalented me
It's not really being superficial being physically attracted to someone at first sight.

No of course not. I mean to say it's superficial if it is purely that.
No of course not. I mean to say it's superficial if it is purely that.
If it's still like that after getting to know them & stuff, yeah for sure!
Original post by Multitalented me
If it's still like that after getting to know them & stuff, yeah for sure!

Perhaps shallow was a better choice of word.
Perhaps, but don't worry I was trying to have a go or anything :smile:
I'm attracted to intelligent and powerful women so usually I have to at least get to know them a bit first. Most of the time, I end up attracted to people I've worked with or at social gatherings.
Original post by shawn_o1
Me too, it's too easy to be interested in someone without the other person being interested in you

Very true.

Original post by Maid Marian
Nah, I regularly fall in love with strangers. They're usually blonde as well. :lol:

haha each to their own :P

Original post by Ursin
Yeah, I hear you. Some of my friends will stalk people an Facebook, saying how they look so good in their photos etc etc but I never really notice people that much myself. I think some people are just a little more highly 'sexualised' than others

Same here, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there in the same boat!

Original post by Anonymous
i'm the same, i just see people, i notice when people are good looking but it doesn't make me have some kind of crush on them. even if someone is cool, if i havent bonded with them myself, i rarely care for them.

I hear you. It takes a while for me to fall for someone.

That's true, although I would love to see things through a shallow persons eyes.... (random thought of today)

Original post by Pseudocode
I'm attracted to intelligent and powerful women so usually I have to at least get to know them a bit first. Most of the time, I end up attracted to people I've worked with or at social gatherings.

Fair enough! Me too, it's never worked out with guys that have randomly approached me. I have fallen for someone I worked with though, we spoke outside work regularly.. I didn't have the guts to tell him how I felt at the time though.
Reply 13
Original post by Ursin

i have friends like that, i notice when guys are attractive but i'm not necessarily attracted TO them, i find other things such as intellect, personality and values attractive as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending