The Student Room Group

Should I skip Igcse ? How do uni's accept alevels student ?

Hello there

I have a question about A-levels and Igsce's. i am from middle east and our system dosent have A-levels and Igcse. So I am doing them online by my self. This year will be Igcse and after giving exam on June I'll start A-levels.
My question is the admission for universities -in UK- will open before I am even done with half of my A-levels so how will they accept me if i dont have my results yet ?

My other question is I am already done with 12 years high school. From your experince should I take Igcse or just start A-levels ? I was planing to take Igcse first because my studies was not in English and I thought A-levels may be difficcult for me if I didnt studied Igcse first.
I hope my questions are clear.

Thanks in advance
- Unless you have equivalent qualifications, you will need to take iGCSEs before A-levels. It's likely you do have equivalents, so it's really up to you whether or not you take iGCSEs.

- In the UK, we use a "predicted grade" system. Typically, someone who knows you academically (a teacher who's taught you for a couple of years is best), will write about a half a page on who you are as a student, and then predict the grades you'll get. Most UK students at the moment will have GCSEs and AS levels, and so universities will look at both of these sets of grades and the predicted grades and give a "conditional offer", where they say to the student "you can come to our university if you get these grades in your exams"
Reply 2
Loperdoper
Thanks alot this is the exact info I was looking for.

About the "predicted system" I will be taking the A-level online so my As+A2 exam both will be on June , june after the admission.
Any thing I can do in this sitution ?
Will I will not be able to apply because of that issue ?
Original post by Anstazia
Loperdoper
Thanks alot this is the exact info I was looking for.

About the "predicted system" I will be taking the A-level online so my As+A2 exam both will be on June , june after the admission.
Any thing I can do in this sitution ?
Will I will not be able to apply because of that issue ?

This does happen to some students. Simply put you're going to have to hope that the universities have faith in your predicted grades, but you are still able to apply.
Reply 4
Original post by loperdoper
This does happen to some students. Simply put you're going to have to hope that the universities have faith in your predicted grades, but you are still able to apply.

I am thinking to take one A-level this year with Igcse maybe this will help.

Thank u v much .

Quick Reply

Latest