The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hitchhiker_13
Do you want to go too?.

Yes :biggrin:
zombie
Woohoo! psyched now about my adventure to Cam.. :cool:

Does anyone have any tips on what to do? Like the best place for lunch, best nightclub? Best sight to see <-- hehe.. jus whatever!

Can I recommend a really great Vietnamese restaurant. I think it's called Thanh Binh, or something like that, and it's on Magdelene Street, just above the college.
I recommend the lime juice.

Also, go to the fudge shop opposite Kings! Mmmmm. And another very nice restaurant is Dojo's noodle bar. I can't remember what you call the place that's in - I think it's Kettle's yard or something?

Anyway, these are the main gastronomical establishments I discovered during my very short visit.

There's a good website too, www.itchycambridge.co.uk, that should give you some ideas.
Reply 22
Cheers!

Jus checking that website out now..

EDIT: Are they pretty strict in Cam when it comes to IDing people? Or can you pretty much get in most places as long as you look roughly 18?? Jus asking coz I know in my home town it's pretty easy..
zombie
Cheers!

Jus checking that website out now..

EDIT: Are they pretty strict in Cam when it comes to IDing people? Or can you pretty much get in most places as long as you look roughly 18?? Jus asking coz I know in my home town it's pretty easy..

If you can put on a convincing "I'm a student" face then it should be fine. Although this will probably be a lot harder when the students are all away home and it's open day time.
In other words, I'm not sure.
Helenia
King's can be a bit arsey, you might have to pay if you want to look there.

No college charges prospective applicants for looking around, kings 99% will let you straight in or might ask for something that makes you look like a 6th former, but you'd be unlucky. (and yes they are worse if you say you are a student, you have to flash your ID card, that said most non Kings students cut through Kings as a shortcut between the city center and the university library. )
Reply 25
Bob the dog
(and yes they are worse if you say you are a student, you have to flash your ID card, that said most non Kings students cut through Kings as a shortcut between the city center and the university library. )

I know - I do it every day to get between college and lectures. The people on the gates see us every day and still insist on us showing our ID every single time!

zombie

I don't really know, as I'm 18 and so are all my friends. Generally on the student club nights you have to take student ID, which does have your DOB on it, but I'm not sure how closely they look at it. I'm not sure about the pubs etc; I've never been asked.

Latest

Trending

Trending