Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bank Roll number.. HELP!!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, recently student finance sent me a letter about my finance details. I have there my bank number and sort code, however i cannot find which one is the roll number. Do i need to my local branch and ask them for it?? or can i find it anywhere at all(i have no cheque books) OR is it not needed???

to those students who have applied for student finance please help thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You will only need a roll number if you have a building society account so if you use a bank just ignore it, otherwise contact your branch and they will tell you it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    building societies have roll numbers so if u are with an actual bank u just leave it blank.who are u with? some building societies like nationwide also dont have roll numbers
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im with natwest.... how do i know if im with a building society or a bank??? (sorry im so ignorant to these kind of financial things, i dont even have a credit card and i only have one account)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You do not need a roll number with Natwest. I'm with them and I didn't put one down and all is well
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yay! thank you so much for this very helpful information!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if santander or barclays have a roll number?
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasminC)
    does anyone know if santander or barclays have a roll number?
    Its only if they are a building society...of which those 2 I don't believe are
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Its only if they are a building society...of which those 2 I don't believe are

oh ok then thanks a lot!x
Updated: May 12, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.