The Student Room Group

What are my options with 120 ucas points? :(

Hello,

I had made a quite similar thread about this earlier, but I didn't feel like I made a thorough post, so here it goes...

Basically I have E grades all across my A levels (due to depression/anxiety at the time) and I had taken a gap year to do something about this.

The problem is that during my gap year I still had depression/anxiety, but it wasn't as bad as it as during my AL's, but I made the mistake of putting the thought of university at the back of my mind as far as possible to avoid the anxiety of it.

I naively thought that I could get into a foundation year with my E grades without actually checking properly on what the entry requirements are.
Now I am shocked to find that most of them want 160 ucas points, while I only have 120?:frown:

So I just wanted to know what the best thing I could do in this position?

1)Take another gap year, save money and try to resit my A levels again (which is risky, because I have no idea if I will even find the money, and there will be AL reforms soon, which means no resits)

2)Do an Access course, which I heard is even more intensive than AL's, and that if you fail it, you can basically write university study off your list.
Ohw and this stil costs money

3)Do a HND/Foundation Degree, which actually sounds alright, as it gives me work experience. But would still leave me with one or two universities I would g to, as only a few universities would validate my HND/Fdg.
I even heard of a case where someone was not even allowed to finish their HND with a top up year, even though the university validated it. :frown: So it sounds risky.

Honestly, psychology is the subject I'm interested in and want to study, but since it's s competitive, and since I would find a hard time getting into university in the first place, I had been thinking of doing engineering, because it has "good" career prospects. But then on the other hand, I remember that it's a bad idea to study something for the sake of the prospects only, and not out of interest.

Overall, I have no idea what would happen next year, I am still going to apply to ucas as a back up in case I change my mind and decide to get into these HND's or foundation years, but I just want to know what any of you guys would do in my position.

As some people say it's a bad idea to just rush into university for the sake of saving time and getting on with a degree.

Also, I don't want to come across as a snob, and I know that I don't have much choice with my E grades, but why would I go to a place like Bolton where I would be accepted with my 120 ucas points for example? :frown:

Thank you guys, and sorry if this was TL;DR
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,

I've tried searching a couple of universities for you to do psychology (if you want to do that.) Here's the link if you want to check it out :smile:
http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?utf8=%E2%9C%93&c%5Bq%5D=psychology&c%5Blower_points_bound%5D=0&c%5Bupper_points_bound%5D=140&c%5Bsort_fact%5D=relevance&commit=Apply+changes

You could also email any universities you are interested in that ask for 160 ucas points as a they will understand why you got your grades and they might give you a lower offer.
Hi there!
Firstly I'm really sorry for the depression and tough times you've been going through, and sincerely hope you're feeling better now. I think you should stick to what you want to do, if you like Psychology and would like to study it to higher level. Then why don't you focus on enrolling yourself at a college or possibly taking a gap year out (decide to study at home) and choose 3/4 A levels that you would feel comfortable doing. Because you wanna do Psychology, I'd suggest choosing Psychology, the other 2/3 of your choices are entirely up to you. If you focus on your subjects and are actually serious about getting into uni, then you can definitely do it!!
Hope this helped and best of luck with whatever you decide to do!!!
Reply 3
This is actually very good advise in terms of what my options are next year.

But on the other hand, isn't it a bad thing to study a degree merely for the better career prospects?
I mean I am vaguely/slightly interested in physics, not enough for me to pursue it at degree level, and I honestly hated maths when I was studying it as I found it the most demanding A level I had. So this is worrying to me, since I have heard that engineering is basically applied maths? :frown:

I mean I could try to get into engineering, but I am scared that in the long run, it would be a bad idea to study something I'm not really that interested in? :frown:

But at the moment, the only subject area I have the biggest interest in is psychology, but as you know, I'm scared of the "bad" career prospects? :frown:

Would you still study engineering even if you don't really like it that much, and just suffer the negatives of it as a side effect?
Reply 4
Original post by CountessDracula
Hi there!
Firstly I'm really sorry for the depression and tough times you've been going through, and sincerely hope you're feeling better now. I think you should stick to what you want to do, if you like Psychology and would like to study it to higher level. Then why don't you focus on enrolling yourself at a college or possibly taking a gap year out (decide to study at home) and choose 3/4 A levels that you would feel comfortable doing. Because you wanna do Psychology, I'd suggest choosing Psychology, the other 2/3 of your choices are entirely up to you. If you focus on your subjects and are actually serious about getting into uni, then you can definitely do it!!
Hope this helped and best of luck with whatever you decide to do!!!

About the bold part:
How would this work? Can I choose to study new A levels as an external candidate, buy the books myself, study the material myself and then just do the exam at the exam center?
Or am I only allowed to resit the A levels I have already done before?
What about A level reform, doesn't M.Gove want to scrape AS levels? :frown:

Honestly I am mostly interested in psychology since I had started to read Alice Miller and thought of pursuing it at university, but like I said, I'm just worried about it having "bad" career prospects and all.
And I still have that nagging anxiety that I should study engineering because of it having "better" prospects :frown:

But to be honest now at this moment, I would say I'm 60-70% interested in psychology, while I'm 40-50% interested in engineering? :frown:
This is so confusing. :frown:
Reply 5
I actually went to a taster session for mechanical engineerin one time, but to be honest, they didn't show us that much about the course, it felt rather brief, and they focused a lot on the more interesting side of engineering, rather than what we would actually would be studying. It was fun and we got to learn about the different types of Stirling engines, but I think I'll go to another taster course to get a better view of engineering.
I'll go to a psychology one too, but I'm kinda scared that I'm too late for taster sessions at this time of the year?:frown:

but think about it carefully, if you're gonna get into 40k+ debt, surely it's better to make the most of the £££?

This, this, this!!!
It's causing me so much stress to be honest.
If money was not a problem, I would go straight off into psychology and do research on violence and childhood, or become a psychotherapist.
But on the other hand, I frequently read how it is a tough, long road to become a forensic psychologist, and that doing research in academia, is basically a hard and thankless job? :frown:
I even heard from one person that the research you do would not even be chosen by yourself, but would be dependent on who funds your research in the first place? :frown:

And if forensic psychology does not give me that oppurtunity to do even just a bit of research, then I'm left with only one career choice, which is being a psychotherapist?? What if I end up hating being a psychotherapist??

On the other hand though, I think (from what I've read) that engineering is one hell of a tough course, and that if I have little interest in it, I would hate to end up dropping out in 2nd year or something.
Isn't it safer to go with psychology now, and then try engineering later as a HND or something??

Or what about trying engineering as an apprenticeship first, before I decide to put my student finance in danger?

also you're more likely to get into engineering at a good uni than you are for psychology since psychology is oversubscribed and engineering is under subscribed. there are foundation years for engineering, but not for psychology, thus the entry requirements will be lower and you'll have a greater chance of getting an offer.

This is actually very true.
When I was looking at the foundation years for engineering, I had like 30-40 choices of universities I could go to, while for psychology I only have about 10-15?? :frown:

I wanted to go to Keele, but they want 160 ucas points, my best options now are Goldsmiths, Stafforshire, Bolton, Cardiff Met and Liverpool which does a "2+2" programme where I basically study 2 years at college, and the remaining ones at university??

Ahhh, sorry for all these questions man, you can see how I'm just going crazy over this, but thank you for your help. :smile:
Hi. You aren't alone with suffering from depression and anxiety.

Like yourself I had a hard time during my a levels but I just want to reassure you that you can still apply to universities for a foundation year to psychology which is what I'm doing.

If you need any more advice let me know. I was stressed out too but there is a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ohemarica
Hi. You aren't alone with suffering from depression and anxiety.

Like yourself I had a hard time during my a levels but I just want to reassure you that you can still apply to universities for a foundation year to psychology which is what I'm doing.

If you need any more advice let me know. I was stressed out too but there is a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!!!

I've only seen this now, sorry for the late reply.

Bro, I have just calculated how many UMS I would get if I retook all my A levels.

I can get an A in maths, because it's only assessed by exams.
But physics and chemistry would only get me a B or C overall, since I'm held back by my failed practicals? :frown:

How can i retake my practicals, or should I do an access??

Also, to be honest I am mostly interested in violence and childhood, but most of the psychology foundation years don't even have these modules :frown:

Not only that, but there is likeonly one forensic psychology course I have found and I don't meet the entry requirements? :frown:

I honestly feel that I should go into an engineering foundation year at this point, because it's under subscribed and less competitive to get into. But I might have to take another gap year, which I don't really want :frown:
Reply 8
How would I do a BTEC though?? I suspect Iwould have to pay thousands just to attend college? :frown:

Not only that, but I just calculated what grades I could get realistically if I were to resit my A levels and it didn't look good? :frown:

I mean maths is okay, I can get an A gfor it if everything goes alright, but this is because maths is only assessed by exam.

But for physics and chemistry, there are practicals that I have very lowe grades in, this hold s my overall grades back to about B/C level. Even if I get an A in all my a2 chem exams for example?? :frown:

How would I go about this??

Shuld I just do an Access course and leave A levels once and for all?

I mean it's too late to apply to an engineering foundation year for this year, since my personal statement is all about psychology? :frown:

And if I take a year out, it seems that I still would only make it into an engineering foundation year if I can't afford an Access course :frown:?

Which bugs me because, it would seem that I enter university at 22 and finish at like 25/26?? :frown:
Original post by tinyflame
Thank you so much!!!

I've only seen this now, sorry for the late reply.

Bro, I have just calculated how many UMS I would get if I retook all my A levels.

I can get an A in maths, because it's only assessed by exams.
But physics and chemistry would only get me a B or C overall, since I'm held back by my failed practicals? :frown:

How can i retake my practicals, or should I do an access??

Also, to be honest I am mostly interested in violence and childhood, but most of the psychology foundation years don't even have these modules :frown:

Not only that, but there is likeonly one forensic psychology course I have found and I don't meet the entry requirements? :frown:

I honestly feel that I should go into an engineering foundation year at this point, because it's under subscribed and less competitive to get into. But I might have to take another gap year, which I don't really want :frown:

It's okay at least you've replied lol.

But right, so you're on your gap year now? If it's only childhood studies and violence you're best of looking at courses that are more closely related to that such as youth justice, social work etc as psychology is really broad.

Plus the foundation year is more of a stepping stone to an undergraduate degree.

And there's nothing wrong with taking another gap year. University is always going to be there. Get yourself sorted first and know what you want to do and it sounds like you're under a lot of pressure at the moment. Take it easy you'll get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ohemarica
It's okay at least you've replied lol.

But right, so you're on your gap year now? If it's only childhood studies and violence you're best of looking at courses that are more closely related to that such as youth justice, social work etc as psychology is really broad.

Plus the foundation year is more of a stepping stone to an undergraduate degree.

And there's nothing wrong with taking another gap year. University is always going to be there. Get yourself sorted first and know what you want to do and it sounds like you're under a lot of pressure at the moment. Take it easy you'll get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the support :smile:

You're right, there's so much pressure.

I'm on a gap year now, but I haven't put it to good use, since I was still depressed and couldn't resit my A levels

It's really foundation year psychology vs. foundation year engineering for me... :frown: :frown:

I have looked at the foundation years available, but so far, have not found anything related to violence or childhood. Also I'm not interested in social work at the moment, but more like psychotherapy to research in forensics psychology. But on the other hand, I'm scared of doing a Phd, since it's a long. difficult grind.

I just don't know what to choose at the moment :frown:
I'm scared that if I take another year out, that it would be for nothing, since I might not be able to afford resitting A levels or doing an access course. And I'm scared of not going into a foundation year now in the first place? :frown:

And there's nothing wrong with taking another gap year. University is always going to be there.

To be honest, I really feel that unless you have good A levels, or do an access course, university is basically off the charts :frown:
I just don't want to finish university when I'm too old, I mean most people graduate at 21/22 right?
Reply 11
Thank you for your help man :smile:

To be honest, I think that an Access course will be a sink or swim secnario from what I've read here for example: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2326226

I pretty much feel that I either go into a psychology foundation year now, or I take a gap year and go for an engineering foundation year or do an engineering HND and try to see if it suits me for the first year? If it doesn't suit me, then i leave it and go back to psychology?

Basically, going into psychology with these grades is very hard, compared to engineering, which is more lenient.

On a side note, I am interested mainly in forensic psychology, but I literally have only fond one foundation year for it? :frown:

Also thank you for offering to help me with my personal statement if I would go for engineering if I would take another gap year :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by anonymouspie227
This was me, it sucks and it will take a little longer for you to get where you want but i Would redo the A Levels. Choose subjects you know you'll do well in and that can get you into psychology and stick to them. Also perhaps do 3 AS levels if you don't think you'll be able to do 4.

Thank you for replying :smile:

Resitting A levels seems like a high risk, low reward option to be honest, my bad practical grades only allow me to achieve a B overall, even if I do really well in my A2 exams? :frown:

On the other hand, I'm worried about access courses being so intensive and "sink or swim".

And above all, what if I don't have the money to independently sit A level exams?

I mean I have seen prices like £70 per exam last time I checked? :frown:

I just feel so much pressure to go into a foundation year for psychology now, rather than take a gap year and still take a foundation year? :frown:

Choose subjects you know you'll do well in and that can get you into psychology and stick to them.

Also how would I be able to study completely different subjects independently?
For example, if I chose to study a new A level, biology, how would I do the practicals for it?
The exams wouldn't be a problem though...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
I will start to email the exam boards and my previous college about this. But so far, for my OCR exam board it's pretty much one exam in jan (90 UMS), one exam in June (150 UMS) and 3 practicals every year (60 UMS).
It might mean I have to change exam boards, but that would also mean that I would be doing these A levels from scratch? :frown:

Also I thought about dropping A level chemistry to take up A level psychology or business instead, just to ease that pressure of having to do two science A levels.

If that's not an option, then apply for BTEC Engineering (+ retake A-Level Maths) or a HNC (1 year) or HND (2 year). But do be aware that HNC/HND funding comes out of your entitlement to four years of student funding (from what I know, I could be wrong but do double check this.)

Psychology is a long-shot and you'll be better off in the long run if you do engineering.

It looks more likely that I would be dong a HNC + A level maths for one year to see if I would enjoy it? But to be honest, I would rather study engineering at university, rather than at college? :frown:

HNC's and HND's definitely take a chunk out of my student loan entitlements and this is why I'm apprehensive about dong them :frown:

Ahhh, it's so hard to decide, you're right about psychology being a long, tough road. With Phd's and psychology doctorates taking very long to get into :frown:
While with engineering, you can pretty much start working after university if it goes well? :frown:

The ONLY thing that scares me about dong engineering at university, would be dropping out in second year or something, because I don't enjoy it, or because I want to go into psychology? :frown:

On the other hand, there's a conversion course for psychology, while engineering seems harder to get into postgraduate? :frown:

Overall, say I get offers for this year...

(Choices, Keele, Liverpool, Goldsmiths, UcLan for psychology foundation)

Should I just take the opportunity to go study psychology (because it's probably the only way I could do it without resitting my A levels or doing an Access), or should I just leave it and start preparing to get into engineering?

Oh and by the way, what about clearing for engineering?
Hello,

I had made a quite similar thread about this earlier, but I didn't feel like I made a thorough post, so here it goes...

Basically I have E grades all across my A levels (due to depression/anxiety at the time) and I had taken a gap year to do something about this.

The problem is that during my gap year I still had depression/anxiety, but it wasn't as bad as it as during my AL's, but I made the mistake of putting the thought of university at the back of my mind as far as possible to avoid the anxiety of it.

I naively thought that I could get into a foundation year with my E grades without actually checking properly on what the entry requirements are.
Now I am shocked to find that most of them want 160 ucas points, while I only have 120?:frown:

So I just wanted to know what the best thing I could do in this position?

1)Take another gap year, save money and try to resit my A levels again (which is risky, because I have no idea if I will even find the money, and there will be AL reforms soon, which means no resits)

2)Do an Access course, which I heard is even more intensive than AL's, and that if you fail it, you can basically write university study off your list.
Ohw and this stil costs money

3)Do a HND/Foundation Degree, which actually sounds alright, as it gives me work experience. But would still leave me with one or two universities I would g to, as only a few universities would validate my HND/Fdg.
I even heard of a case where someone was not even allowed to finish their HND with a top up year, even though the university validated it. :frown: So it sounds risky.

Honestly, psychology is the subject I'm interested in and want to study, but since it's s competitive, and since I would find a hard time getting into university in the first place, I had been thinking of doing engineering, because it has "good" career prospects. But then on the other hand, I remember that it's a bad idea to study something for the sake of the prospects only, and not out of interest.

Overall, I have no idea what would happen next year, I am still going to apply to ucas as a back up in case I change my mind and decide to get into these HND's or foundation years, but I just want to know what any of you guys would do in my position.

As some people say it's a bad idea to just rush into university for the sake of saving time and getting on with a degree.

Also, I don't want to come across as a snob, and I know that I don't have much choice with my E grades, but why would I go to a place like Bolton where I would be accepted with my 120 ucas points for example? :frown:

Thank you guys, and sorry if this was TL;DR

I would say why the focus on university now? As you've said, it would cost you money to resit anything or get extra qualifications. That will still be the case in a few years, but if you go out there now, get a job, explore different kinds of work, in a few years you can still go to university but with a far greater idea of what you really want to do and what interests you. I know I rushed straight into university and now am in a completely different job to what I ever imagined, one that I didn't even know existed when I went to university! Luckily I 'only' had £3000/yr tuition fees but now you are putting yourself in £9000/yr debt just for the tuition part of university, and you only get one shot, why waste that when you're not sure? Life is long and mature students are also more favourably looked on if they have weaker qualifications as they have work and life experience to compensate. I know there's an urge to rush into uni because it's "what everybody's doing" and "it's an experience", but to be honest I have suffered anxiety all my life and uni was not an 'experience' for me, I wasn't emotionally ready and I found it very overwhelming, and now I pay £100+ a month of my salary back to the loans company for the privilege. I really wish I had waited and explored my options and different careers a little.

Certainly do apply as a back-up though, that way you have full flexibility and can even test out which universities would take you. Good luck :smile:
Reply 15
So far, I have seen that I would only be able to enter the 3rd year of university in most cases? That got me worried, because I hate the idea of doing degree level work at college? :frown:
But I will check this soon as well.

Double check how the funding for a HNC works though, because from my understanding, everyone is entitled to four years of student funding and a HNC would take away 1 years of funding since it is a 1 year course. This'd mean that you'd have 3 years of funding for your university degree which is enough if you have no intention of aiming for an MEng. Like I keep saying, double check how the funding works.

I have heard that student loan is "number of years of study + 1 grace year". But I still need more information about this.

If you are concerned about losing the years worth of funding, just do a BTEC or take the international A-Level Physics and Chemistry exams whilst using your notes you made in sixth form (90% of the material is the same if you go with the same exam board as you did at sixth form)

To be honest, I think BTEC is off the charts, because I remember that they only fund FE until you're are 19 years old and for your first level 3 course. Since I have cashed in my terrible A2's, I have broken that "first level 3 rule", but I will also email the colleges about this.

Doing new A-Levels will be pointless and more difficult since you have a core understanding of A-Level Physics and Chemistry, it will just be a matter of revision, and I can tell you that science and mathematics subjects are much easier to revise than the arts are (coming from someone who does both) It won't be a matter of learning, it will just be a matter of revision for you since you've already learnt 90% of the material whereas with A-Level business and psychology, it'll be both a matter of learning and revision.

I definitely agree with this, I still remember most of the maths and science Idid, even though I didn't keep revising them through my gap year due to still being somewhat depressed.
Maths especially is not much of a problem to revise, but I' just worried about phys/chem. It's not really that they're super hard or something, but they deliberately structure the exams to make you lose as much marks as possible.

I mean I remember our chemistry teacher bothering us about being accurate to the millimetre when drawing graphs :frown:

Don't bother with foundation (1 + 3 year) psychology, it'll just be a waste of time and money.

This is what worries me.
I know I've already said this, but psychology doctorates are just hard to get into. The worst case scenario would be that I have my 2.1 in psychology and year on year keep on applying for the forensic doctorate only to keep being rejected every time? :frown:

While the worst case scenario for engineering would be to drop out during my degree? :frown:

Is it really better to do a conversion course in psychology rather than doing it as an undergrad? I mean I would be competing with all the people who studied it at undergrad, if I went for the conversion course route. To be honest, I'm thinking of taking my psychology degree to the Netherlands, where there's less fierce competition for the doctorates I hope? :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by moutonfou
I would say why the focus on university now? As you've said, it would cost you money to resit anything or get extra qualifications. That will still be the case in a few years, but if you go out there now, get a job, explore different kinds of work, in a few years you can still go to university but with a far greater idea of what you really want to do and what interests you.

This is true, but I just have the anxiety that if I don't get a place now, that I then would still be in the same position next year for example? :frown:
My friends have already gone into university since last year, and I just feel that if I don't get a degree in the next 5 years, then I would be having a big problem in terms of getting good jobs :frown:?

I know I rushed straight into university and now am in a completely different job to what I ever imagined, one that I didn't even know existed when I went to university! Luckily I 'only' had £3000/yr tuition fees but now you are putting yourself in £9000/yr debt just for the tuition part of university, and you only get one shot, why waste that when you're not sure?

Exactly!! I'm scared of wasting my tuition fees :frown:
I feel that there's not a lot of options to try careers or anything before gong to university. It's pretty much doing sixth form>uni, not much else :frown:

Also with E grades, I doubt I could try any sort of apprenticeship

Life is long and mature students are also more favourably looked on if they have weaker qualifications as they have work and life experience to compensate. I know there's an urge to rush into uni because it's "what everybody's doing" and "it's an experience", but to be honest I have suffered anxiety all my life and uni was not an 'experience' for me, I wasn't emotionally ready and I found it very overwhelming, and now I pay £100+ a month of my salary back to the loans company for the privilege. I really wish I had waited and explored my options and different careers a little.

Certainly do apply as a back-up though, that way you have full flexibility and can even test out which universities would take you. Good luck :smile:

This is interesting, because I frequently see threads like "not enjoying uni, should I drop out" on TSR?
I feel that universities also sell this idea of "experience", which is just unguaranteed, not everyone would be having a good time there right?

I also feel the pressure to go to university sooner, rather than later. But that's because of my grades, and what the hell I cuold do to make them better :frown:

Not only that, but psychology is not exactly an easy field to work in from what I've read. The undergrad degree will just be the first step to becoming a forensic psychologist, after that I need an Msc, and then a 3/4 year doctorate. Which means that I would start working IN psychology about the age of 33? :frown:

While working, small dead end jobs to save up for the master's and all.

I mean compare this to engineering, where university will probably hard and hellsh, but working as an engineer would give you a lot more choice compared to psychology.

Also there is a psychology conversion course, but nowhere have I seen one for engineering? :frown:
Reply 17
This is true, but I just have the anxiety that if I don't get a place now, that I then would still be in the same position next year for example? :frown:
My friends have already gone into university since last year, and I just feel that if I don't get a degree in the next 5 years, then I would be having a big problem in terms of getting good jobs :frown:?

Exactly!! I'm scared of wast
Reply 18

Exactly!! I'm scared of wasting my tuition fees :frown:
I feel that there's not a lot of options to try careers or anything before gong to university. It's pretty much doing sixth form>uni, not much else :frown:

Also with E grades, I doubt I could try any sort of apprenticeship

This is interesting, because I frequently see threads like "not enjoying uni, should I drop out" on TSR?
I feel that universities also sell this idea of "experience", which is just unguaranteed, not everyone would be having a good time there right?

I also feel the pressure to go to university sooner, rather than later. But that's because of my grades, and what the hell I cuold do to make them better :frown:

Not only that, but psychology is not exactly an easy field to work in from what I've read. The undergrad degree will just be the first step to becoming a forensic psychologist, after that I need an Msc, and then a 3/4 year doctorate. Which means that I would start working IN psychology about the age of 33? :frown:

While working, small dead end jobs to save up for the master's and all.

I mean compare this to engineering, where university will probably hard and hellsh, but working as an engineer would give you a lot more choice compared to psychology.

Also there is a psychology conversion course, but nowhere have I seen one for engineering? :frown:

You're overthinking everything and trying to plot a lifeplan many years into the future when you don't even have certainty at the moment.

If you think that your issues are such that they've held you back to underachieving at A-level - why are you talking about doctorates and professional practise?

One step at a time. If you think you can handle being an undergraduate - see where it takes you.
Reply 19
Original post by Clip
You're overthinking everything and trying to plot a lifeplan many years into the future when you don't even have certainty at the moment.

If you think that your issues are such that they've held you back to underachieving at A-level - why are you talking about doctorates and professional practise?

One step at a time. If you think you can handle being an undergraduate - see where it takes you.

This is true, I feel like I'm just driven by the anxiety of this most of the time.

I'm so anxious of making the "wrong" choice and all... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending