The Student Room Group

Is it really as hard as everyone says it is? Physics B OCR Gateway 2014 paper

I was just wondering if anyone had completed this paper.
Reply 1
BUMP
This reply probably won't be useful since i'm doing AQA Science. But they do give you data sheets in the exam. Use it and you should be fine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I did this for my mocks last week (assuming it's the December 2014 trial exam you're on about). My whole class found it awful, and that was reflected in our grades. Our triple science group usually work at A*s and As, however the majority got a B, with myself getting a C. I'm assuming I got a C anyway, because my teacher refused to give us the grade boundaries - don't suppose you have them, please? :smile:
Reply 4
I did this paper yesterday for my mock exam. I didn't find it too difficult on the normal questions but I couldn't think of a lot of information to write down for the 6 markers. The question to do with wave speed slowed me down a little. However, when coming back to it at the end I re-read the question and understood what it was asking for. I don't have my results for it yet but I find when I think I have done well in a test/exam I normally do badly so I'll have to see. My exam was on P1-P4 though as thats all we've been taught at the minute.
The grade boundaries can be found on the OCR website, here's the link to the PDF, 60th page down for gateway physics.
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176543-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2014.pdf
You can also find the exam report in the same place you would find the past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest