The Student Room Group

IGCSE Chemistry

Hey guys,

I'm planning on enrolling onto an IGCSE chemistry course at oxford open learning and i'm hoping to sit the exam in January 2016 if possible.

i'm abit confused and the operator i rang to make an enquiry was rather rude and unhelpful as he only confused me even more.

the issue is i want to sit the IGCSE Chemistry exam in jan 16 but on their site when you're applying it shoes:

Fast track IGSCE Chemitry : Summer 2015
GSCE Chemitry : Winter 2015, Summer 2016, Winter 2016

so i'm assuming if i'm wanting to sit exams in january 2016 for chemistry IGSCE then i should enrol on the Winter 2015? as fast track says summer 2015 only.

I tried explaining that to the operator but he keep telling me no, you need 2016 winter? why would i need that, wouldn't that be 2017 jan period?

If anyone could share any light i would be rather grateful. thanks in advance.
Reply 1
bump
Original post by Wild Horses
bump

Hi. I pretty sure it doesn't work like that.
Reply 3
you need to check with the centre where you are enrolling at .. make sure not to leave it until the very end as you may find they are full.

when we started the 8402 for our son i initially thought i could get away with around 2 hours per week learning time as he had already covered C1 and C2.. soon realised that we had to double that . as the content was more and past papers far fewer so didnt want to risk it and basically had to go through every think again.

look on AQA's website or whichever board you are sitting and make sure you see the comparison between GCSE and iGCSE

we started him at the end of Jan 15 for the Exam May / June

the June exam tends to be harder as its based on practicals done in class.. which obviously we couldn't do

i believe that 2017 or 2018 AQA's iGCSE in Sciences will be scrapped
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest