The Student Room Group

Worried DH&T application may be compromised due to past fluffed a-levels :-/

Hi everyone

What are the chances of my application being compromised due to fluffed a-levels around 5 years ago? I exceed all the other necessary academic requirements but just worried this may compromise my chances of a place when competition is so fierce.

Thanks in advance
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Reply 2
If you have the requirement I don't see why it should matter. As long as you use it as a strength rather than trying to hide it you should be fine. I re-sat my AS levels and gained more out of the failure than I would of if I just breezed by. If you can show that you have reflected on what went wrong and how you have changed for the better you can use it to your advantage. Reflective dentistry is pretty important atm so showing those skills should help with any apps / interviews because it is bound to come up at some point.

-Ryan 2nd year DHDT student

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest