The Student Room Group

Prostitution or stripping.. Which is worse?

Discuss

Scroll to see replies

Both are fine from where I'm sat :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Harvey Dent
Both are fine from where I'm sat :wink:

So if your sister wanted to become either,you'd be fine with it right?
Stripping. It's waaaay too public and open. I'd rather prostitute myself to one guy at a time than an entire room full of guys. :afraid:
I am a fan of both. I frequently go to strip clubs and my girlfriend doesn't mind at all because she's cool and she trusts me. I am a firm believer of the no touching policy so I just stand there throwing my money at them making it rain.
Reply 5
Firstly, neither are 'bad', women are free to choose their careers, and free to use their bodies for any purpose they deem suitable (as long as it is legal/harmless). However, if we are approaching it from a moral standpoint built upon religion or other such belief systems that outlaw such activities, I would say that prostitution would be seen as worse, considering it contains the element of stripping, whilst actually doing the activity that stripping only teases.
neither are great professions for young ladies. however being a prostitute involves risks of disease, pregnancy, physical assault which are missing from the stripper's workplace.
Original post by queen-bee
So if your sister wanted to become either,you'd be fine with it right?

As long as she did so in a safe manner.
Out of interest what opinion do people have of adult webcam performers?
Reply 9
Original post by xSophieWxxx

Personally, a terrible one. Cowardly profession that literally just takes advantage of sad people.
Original post by xSophieWxxx

The same as strippers and prostitutes, no poor opinion as long as they're being safe i.e. not giving away personal information that could get them into trouble with any of their patrons. They're also arguably in the middle of the two - there's more sexual acts involved than simple stripping (where a woman might touch herself up, but not really much else) but there is also no contact with another human being like with prostitution.
Original post by Pseudocode
I am a fan of both. I frequently go to strip clubs and my girlfriend doesn't mind at all because she's cool and she trusts me. I am a firm believer of the no touching policy so I just stand there throwing my money at them making it rain.

:rofl:
Who cares tbh, theyre both disgusting professions. And encouraged by disgusting people.
Great, is this going to be another one of those threads where people voice their ridiculous, misguided, uninformed assumptions about the sex trade?
Original post by the bear
neither are great professions for young ladies. however being a prostitute involves risks of disease, pregnancy, physical assault which are missing from the stripper's workplace.

Disease and pregnancy aren't an issue if the necessary precautions are taken. Sadly the physical assault side is horrendous.
Original post by Arkasia
Firstly, neither are 'bad', women are free to choose their careers, and free to use their bodies for any purpose they deem suitable (as long as it is legal/harmless). However, if we are approaching it from a moral standpoint built upon religion or other such belief systems that outlaw such activities, I would say that prostitution would be seen as worse, considering it contains the element of stripping, whilst actually doing the activity that stripping only teases.

Morals are barely relevant. Religious based 'morals' are irrelevant in this case. Religious based "morals' should he taken with a pinch of salt generally.
Original post by samba
Personally, a terrible one. Cowardly profession that literally just takes advantage of sad people.

Oh grow up. Cowardly? It is taking advantage but not in a bad way. The people who watch them choose to do so. They are not forced to.
Why do people insist on shaming others? It's of course sad if someone is forced into either but if they want to I don't see the problem :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by thunder_chunky
Morals are barely relevant. Religious based 'morals' are irrelevant in this case. Religious based "morals' should he taken with a pinch of salt generally.

Because non deliberative morals should be considered.

Oh grow up. Cowardly? It is taking advantage but not in a bad way. The people who watch them choose to do so. They are not forced to.

How is fleecing people for cash (and a lot of cash with how much they 'earn') for no effort at all 'not in a bad way?' Prostitutes and strippers sure, they go out to work, they provide a service. Camgirls are generally content to lie to multiple vulnerable 'clients' during shows to fleece more money from them the next time. They literally target them.

Anybody who pays for one clearly is not mentally/emotionally fit to be handling their finances.
Reply 18
I've had a few lapdances and the women have always been very clean and friendly. They get paid well and don't get touched.

Prostitution is worst IMO.
Original post by samba
Because non deliberative morals should be considered.

How is fleecing people for cash (and a lot of cash with how much they 'earn') for no effort at all 'not in a bad way?' Prostitutes and strippers sure, they go out to work, they provide a service. Camgirls are generally content to lie to multiple vulnerable 'clients' during shows to fleece more money from them the next time. They literally target them.

Anybody who pays for one clearly is not mentally/emotionally fit to be handling their finances.

They're not fleecing people, it's not a scam. It's a service like any other. A service people pay for.
Some people tip girls and gals to strip off and play with themselves and/or other people. Big deal. It's not bad.
If you don't understand that much then just say so. Or you could carry on trying to shame people who have a different lifestyle to you. Which is daft and makes you look like a tit.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest