Visit website

University Of Ulster Entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Is anyone doing economics at uuj?
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Did finance last year and had to leave in december, but im back again this september! :smile:
Original post by lsmyth43
Anyone else got an offer for physiotherapy??

Yeah :smile: are you taking A levels right now?
Original post by LeanneArbucklr
I originally wanted to do biomed then changed my mind cause I thought I wouldn't of go the grades, but I did! I applied for podiatry then and really enjoyed my first semester but then in second semester realised it wasn't for me. I would rather be studying a more science based subject lol

Yeah I chose to leave nursing in favour of the pure sciences! Didn't get anywhere near enough of it for my liking :tongue:
Reply 64
anyone going to magee to do psychology ?
Original post by clarke1
I got an offer for Ulster!!! Studying (Hopefully) German and Spanish! I hope you don't mind an English person coming over! (My Nan is from NI but you know.)

Nothing wrong with English people! spend a good few weekends there every year and love the friends I have in England! Nicer than Northern Irish people! Where are you applying for accomodation?
Reply 66
Original post by chloemccormickk
Nothing wrong with English people! spend a good few weekends there every year and love the friends I have in England! Nicer than Northern Irish people! Where are you applying for accomodation?

I'm not going to Ulster anymore, I think Coleraine is a bit too remote for me, my family all live in Down, Tyrone and here in England so I'd feel cut out. If they did German and Spanish in Belfast/Jordanstown I would have gone 100%! I love it in Northern Ireland :frown: pretty sad about not going.
Original post by olyb
Hi as far as i know you have to apply through student finance ni for student loans and then through your local (elb) education library board for grants. Thats what i am doing at the moment, I'm starting podiatry in sept :smile:. Hope this helps

hey got sorted after been bounced from pillar to post .. i actually got speaking to someone in Jordanstown who explained the whole process to me.. which now makes perfect sense - once we've completed student finance form and ticked that its a nhs course they look after everything from there..

got a call from Student Finance today to say everything at their end ok and i'll get a letter from them in a few weeks and probably be 1-2 months before nhs makes contact about bursary but it's all going through.,. so that a relief..
I have a conditional offer for Interaction Design (IXD) in Belfast- anyone else hoping to do the same course? :smile:
Anyone else going to UUB and staying in Stranmillis accommodation? :biggrin:
Reply 69
I'm hoping to do Photography BA at Belfast but staying at Jordanstown campus because I'm coming from near wales in England
Reply 70
I'm hoping to do Biology at Coleraine in September, anyone out there applied for it?
Hey to all those UU fresher, just wanted to post to let you all know that if you've any questions or worrying about starting this year or if yous would like to know dates for freshers, please don't hesitate to message them. There is no such a thing as a stupid question! :smile: By the way I'm a second year Environmental Science DPP student at the University of Ulster Coleraine Campus and although this thread is for freshers, I thought that it would be nice to offer my help as I had many questions before I started!
Hey I got an unconditional offer for Interaction Design, I cant wait! 100 people applied and apparently there were only 10 places available after foundation art students! So well done!
Thank you! Well done on your unconditional offer! :biggrin: I heard about the amount of people who had applied so far during the open day just before my interview, so I was really nervous! :s-smilie: But I'm so excited now for the course to start!
Yeah I was stuttering like an idiot! I don't think I've ever been that nervous! I only found out how many people applied at the very end of the interview so it could have been much worse! Have you done any of the further reading or anything? I've tried starting but its hard during summer! haha
Original post by Sparky8372
Yeah I was stuttering like an idiot! I don't think I've ever been that nervous! I only found out how many people applied at the very end of the interview so it could have been much worse! Have you done any of the further reading or anything? I've tried starting but its hard during summer! haha

Ive bought and read some of the books that are recommended reading for the first part of the course, and Ive been trying to learn a bit of code too but its harder to remember than I thought it would be! And you're right, the fact that its summer doesn't help! haha I'm sure they'll teach us all of that stuff though, and I'm pretty confident with Photoshop etc so at least I know a little bit going into the course :smile:
Original post by ladyfluentwhite
Ive bought and read some of the books that are recommended reading for the first part of the course, and Ive been trying to learn a bit of code too but its harder to remember than I thought it would be! And you're right, the fact that its summer doesn't help! haha I'm sure they'll teach us all of that stuff though, and I'm pretty confident with Photoshop etc so at least I know a little bit going into the course :smile:

Well looks like I'm going to have to get stuck in then! haha I learned to code from lynda.com, it does cost a bit of money each month but I definitely think its worth it! Still could learn from youtube. I designed a website for the interview but I haven't done any coding since then! I've basically forgot everything! whoops! Have ya done any graphic design? I really want to do some of that but Illustrator is so confusing since I'm used to Photoshop as well! :smile:
Original post by Sparky8372
Well looks like I'm going to have to get stuck in then! haha I learned to code from lynda.com, it does cost a bit of money each month but I definitely think its worth it! Still could learn from youtube. I designed a website for the interview but I haven't done any coding since then! I've basically forgot everything! whoops! Have ya done any graphic design? I really want to do some of that but Illustrator is so confusing since I'm used to Photoshop as well! :smile:

I have used illustrator a bit, but I mostly use photoshop for projects! Im attempting to learn a little bit of coding online before the course starts because I think that'll help :biggrin: For my interview I basically just had a portfolio of product design work (basically CAD stuff from google sketch up etc) and a booklet of Photoshop and Illustrator stuff, but Illustrator is so much more confusing! All I did with it for the interview was a typography study haha :3 I think it helped in my interview that I was there early though, apparently there were a lot of people who were late or just didn't show up on the day I was there o:
Is anyone starting fine art in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heather Ellen
Hey to all those UU fresher, just wanted to post to let you all know that if you've any questions or worrying about starting this year or if yous would like to know dates for freshers, please don't hesitate to message them. There is no such a thing as a stupid question! :smile: By the way I'm a second year Environmental Science DPP student at the University of Ulster Coleraine Campus and although this thread is for freshers, I thought that it would be nice to offer my help as I had many questions before I started!

Hey! I was going to apply for either Biology DPP or Environmental Science DPP this year but I didn't apply to either. I applied to Queen's and accepted them for both firm and insurance. If it goes to pot on results day, what are the chances the Biology DPP or Environmental Sciences DPP courses will have places going? I am well above and beyond the entry requirements for Ulster. Also, how much biology is in the environmental sciences? I want to go into a career in research more plant science and ecology orientated. Is environmental sciences very geography orientated instead? I found the modules for the Biology DPP was too human orientated for my liking and preferred Queen's wide spectrum modules to pick from.

(P.S I really really liked the Environmental Sciences open day compared to the Biology's. I found the department really enthusiastic about it's course and was very swayed and tempted! Plus the trip to Ardara sounded so cool!)

Quick Reply

Latest