The Student Room Group

Should I drop ICT

Hello so I'm currently taking at AS English Literature, History, Media studies and ICT as well as this I'm also re-doing GCSE Maths. I basically want to drop ICT because I feel like I'm wasting my time doing stuff I already know how to do, and because it's got to the point where I can't handle that and the rest of the work I've been given by other subjects, but the problem is Maths only two lessons a week, and I'm afraid that if I don't do well on English Literature at AS I will have nothing to fall back on.

Someone help
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
Original post by jojo10834
Hello so I'm currently taking at AS English Literature, History, Media studies and ICT as well as this I'm also re-doing GCSE Maths. I basically want to drop ICT because I feel like I'm wasting my time doing stuff I already know how to do, and because it's got to the point where I can't handle that and the rest of the work I've been given by other subjects, but the problem is Maths only two lessons a week, and I'm afraid that if I don't do well on English Literature at AS I will have nothing to fall back on.

Someone help

Well a lot of universities will want 4 AS subjects so if you are looking for that, then I wouldn't. I don't know how well your maths is but I'm assuming you want a C and I feel that is achievable with the massive amounts of resources on the internet (look up examsolutions and hegartymaths on youtube for extra support) on particular topics. If you know most of the stuff in ICT then surely you can do well in it without much effort? I think it is in your best interests to continue with your subjects and then drop ICT for A2. Pain now will be gain later.

Another option (which has come into my head after that paragraph) is to take ICT AS in year 13 and state that on your PS. Think about this option too.

Nevertheless, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Because it's a subsidiary diploma will I get anything out of it if I drop it after the first year

Quick Reply

Latest