The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't understand physics :frown:
Reply 2
I know how you feel! I dont understand it either and I hate the subject! Dont give up tho! About the BMAT...I am going to do the same as you really...just work through the revision book. There are also past papers on their website so I have been told!
Reply 3
Does anyone from last year remember if BMAT was in the morning or the afternoon?
Reply 4
mine was in the morning last year:biggrin:
Reply 5
I think its in the morning this year. I was told by my exam officer that i should be seated and ready to start the BMAT at 9.00am
Reply 6
For me it starts at 10:30, but then I need to travel almost 3 hours to get there...
Reply 7
fabbo
Does anyone from last year remember if BMAT was in the morning or the afternoon?

tis in the mornin this yr 2

:smile:

oops, just realised that had already been said
Reply 8
Has anyone tried to get onto the BMAT website? ive been trying for 2 days to see if i can get any of the sample papers off their website but it wont work? is anyone else having this problem?
Reply 9
Hmm... You're right it gives me an annoying error as well.
I hope it's online soon, there are some useful practice papers on it. At least I've worked through the bmat guide. I am afraid I have to start learning all the formulas by heart, at high school we were never required to learn them, but it probably is handy to know them.
Reply 10
Im half way through the BMAT book! is it just me or is it very very hard?!!! Im dreading it! how much notice do the unis actually take of your scores does anybody know?
Reply 11
Advice: Just revise as much basic mathematics as you can..practice them so you can do it very quickly & accurately. The scientific knowledge section are based on very simple GCSE science with a little bit more logic involved, so don't need to kill yourself with revising everything you did in triple science. For those people who are not doing physics in A level, the best thing to do is revise the physics bit first (here I am presuming everyone is doing Biology and Chemistry)
Reply 12
lol depends on what universities you are talking about...some university 'filter' out those people who score very lowly i.e Cambridge :s-smilie:
I think I read someone saying most people who got an offer from Cambridge scored around 5.2 to 6.something in BMAT but I need to check this again ^^
i got an offer from cam, and got 4.2 5.0 and 12. not great scores people!!!!
Reply 14
Cant be that bad if you got offered Cambridge! well done! how are the BMATs scored? Im finding the BMAT book really really hard! am i stupid or does everyone find it really difficult?
average is 6.0 6.0 9.0 for the three sections. They're scored really wierdly, and adjusted according to the scores of everyone, so the meaning differs from year to year if u get what I mean.

Latest

Trending

Trending