The Student Room Group

dating a guy with a girlfriend

It really hurts to be the other girl. But I keep falling for him more and more. I don't know what to do. Please don't judge me. Just help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dump him. He is a user and a loser..
:frown:
What makes you think you two are the only girls he's seeing?
Get rid of him now.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. What's saying he won't do the same to you?
Reply 5
Original post by Strange Thing
What makes you think you two are the only girls he's seeing?

Exactly, no offence but what makes you think he will act any different with you?
Original post by iamintorture
It really hurts to be the other girl. But I keep falling for him more and more. I don't know what to do. Please don't judge me. Just help.

If you can't bear being his substitute bit on the side then you should walk away.
Been there, done that, don't get yourself in the situation it's just awful. Be the bigger person and end it - if he truly wanted to be with you then he would be.
Original post by iamintorture

I think monogamy is a vital aspect of any solid and meaningful relationship. Tell him "its me or her (that bitch)". I recall one time where I was in a relationship with a girl (i'm also a girl), it was her first time with another girl and I subsequently found out she was also seeing a guy. This was very hurtful but I had to make a decision. Following the morals my parents instilled in me, I knew it had to be me or him: she had to decide. Following this she was unable to decide herself so I had to make the difficult decision for her and text the guy off of her phone and terminated their relationship leaving her all for me. However, 3 weeks later she found out about the text messages - this was also the end of our relationship. The moral of the story is firstly, monogamy is highly important, secondly don't interfere in another relationship - let them make their own decisions, but thirdly if you do - delete any evidence
Omg why is everyone so against this?
I'm neither for nor against it as everyone makes their own decisions and personal choices.
But if you're unhappy. End it. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't end it, I like him too much.
Original post by peedie pixie
Been there, done that, don't get yourself in the situation it's just awful. Be the bigger person and end it - if he truly wanted to be with you then he would be.

What happened?
In so much pain. he is with the girlfriend tonight and not with me :frown:
I'm not judging you but if he REALLY cared about you he would be with you (although in the majority of cases, I do think people who cheat on one partner go on to cheat on the next), and if he really cared about his girlfriend he would cut you off and only be with her. It's fairly likely he's seeing other girls apart from just you two, and really enjoying stringing a few girls along at once and having his ego massaged. I know it's hard when you really like someone but he's not the sort of person you want to be involved with, you'd be doing yourself a favour if you got rid of him. You may think you'll be miserable without him (and I'm not saying it won't hurt at first) but you're ALREADY miserable being his second choice, and that's not going to get any better.
You must dump him. It's hard to let someone go, but trust me, you deserve much better. Give it time and you will find someone much better :smile:
I've been in a similar situation to you,just save yourself and leave,it hurts the most at the beginning but after awhile it feels great,it's not fair on yourself to be miserable like this. I agree with the others,you're better off leaving and if he wanted to be with you..he would be
Leave him, but if you really are set on staying with him because you love him too much, you can't really whinge about it...

You need to finish it sooner rather than later.
It is one thing to not like the idea of having to share him, but a completely different thing feeling constant pain.

If you're in a toxic relationship with him then end it, you seem to be parasitic and in need of his affection constantly, be your own woman and when he is around enjoy your time together. If not, just stop seeing him, simples.
Heartbroken :frown:
Original post by deviant182
Omg why is everyone so against this?
I'm neither for nor against it as everyone makes their own decisions and personal choices.
But if you're unhappy. End it. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What an odd question. Why would anyone be for it?

I've been in the situation where I briefly dated someone and discovered and dumping him (note: me dumping him had nothing to do with this) that he was with someone. I was not pleased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending