The Student Room Group

Easier for women

In general, women appear to have it easier in life compared to men. On the social side, be at least plainly attractive and it's easier to make friends and form relationships than counterpart males. Agree/disagree? Do guys find this unfair or have you accepted that this is just the way it is?

Scroll to see replies

Men and women have it easy in different things in life

Eg men seem to be more respected, more pay, not looked down on, can **** girls without being called a slut...

Women have it easy because they get sex when they want whereas men get it when they can.
Reply 2
Original post by bittr n swt
Eg men seem to be more respected, more pay, not looked down on

Times are changing.
Depends what your priorities are in life hun.
You prioritise relationships above everything else?

OK....
Reply 4
Original post by TolerantBeing

OK....

Was that a genuine question or are you assuming things about me? The "OK...." implies the latter.
Original post by bittr n swt
Men and women have it easy in different things in life

I agree with this totally.

I dont see where the OP stated this. Why have you made this assumption about her?
Women are paid less than men. 1/4 women experience sexual assault. Only a fraction of CEOs or world leaders are women. Women have periods and childbirth. There's still the sexual double standard and the Patriarchy still oppresses women.

And you think life is easier for women? :dontknow:
On the social side, yes. When it comes to being a baby making machine, **** no. :unimpressed:
Original post by Pseudocode
I agree with this totally.

I dont see where the OP stated this. Why have you made this assumption about her?

She said women have it easier in life, and then the only reasoning behind her statement she gave was concerned with relationships?

Putting 2+2 together mate.
Reply 9
Original post by Vixen47
On the social side, yes. When it comes to being a baby making machine, **** no. :unimpressed:

:tongue:
With regard to having life much easier with relationships yes
Anything else, not really
Not really. There's imbalance for both genders. You've raised some arguments for women having "it easier" but on the other hand, statistics show that women are still underepresented in practically all positions of power and continue to be paid significantly less than men. Yes, times are changing, but I wouldn't say that society is particularly on the side of women, at least not from a statistical point of view.
Original post by SocialJustice
Women are paid less than men. 1/4 women experience sexual assault. Only a fraction of CEOs or world leaders are women. Women have periods and childbirth. There's still the sexual double standard and the Patriarchy still oppresses women.

And you think life is easier for women? :dontknow:

Life is easier for women in some ways though
She said women have it easier in life, and then the only reasoning behind her statement she gave was concerned with relationships?

That still does not justify the massive jump you made in assuming something about her personally. Stop pretending you know people and just answer the question or point raised as asked.

Putting 2+2 together mate.

You seem to come out with 5, mate. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure if I was born a girl I would still be a social recluse.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

:rofl:

PRSOM for the umpteenth time. I keep wanting to rep you damnit!
Reply 16
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

D'aw :hugs:
I agree with the idea that it's easier for girls (with the criteria you stated of being somewhat pretty) to make friends. I also think girls are able to get away with more socially, whereas guys can't do much without being turned on pretty quickly. However I feel bad for girls being called "sluts" where guys of the same nature just get praised. I think guys may have it easier (I'm a guy btw xD) but the idea that "woman are paid less than men" is not as simple as that. Traditionally, in this country, the man works and pays the bills. The woman can do that job obviously, but I'm speaking typically. Therefore, having followed this tradition in the country for ages, men seem to be better at certain jobs. Also, it's a lot easier for a girl to get with a guy she likes than visa versa because girls seem to think all guys want is sex. I think it all balances out in the long run.
Original post by Chlorophile
Not really. There's imbalance for both genders. You've raised some arguments for women having "it easier" but on the other hand, statistics show that women are still underepresented in practically all positions of power and continue to be paid significantly less than men. Yes, times are changing, but I wouldn't say that society is particularly on the side of women, at least not from a statistical point of view.

But why is that?

Why should every woman try to emulate the tits that are normally those in power?

If there anything wrong with spending more time with family?

Is it a good thing that both parents now have to work to bring in what one parent use to be able to do?

You can't describe every single human via a simple gender binary. There are lots of different types of men as there are women.

That said we should always be keeping a look out for any unfairness such as unfair pay due to gender.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pseudocode
That still does not justify the massive jump you made in assuming something about her personally. Stop pretending you know people and just answer the question or point raised as asked.

You seem to come out with 5, mate. :rolleyes:

Why are you being so defensive? Come on now...

It's a pretty reasonable assumption to make. If someone says to you 'oh X has it better because of Y reason's'. It's only reasonable to assume that those reasons are either the only ones the person can think of, or they are the most important reasons to the person.

Unless it's a sheer coincidence. And she had a bundle of reasons but chose those ones completely by random.

Quick Reply

Latest